The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having trouble starting the engine (Metaphorically speaking)

Francy.Z

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 28, 2023
Hey there, I´m Francise and I´ve just turned 19. After having graduated this spring, I made the decision to enroll into college, since all of my friends chose that path and it is the most common thing to do after having finished school. Having been a straight-A-student all my life, I spent all summer not being able to decide on what course to take, since none seemed to really peek my interest. I then decided to go with chemistry, because, for one, I thought that the chances of getting a "good" job were fairly high, and secondly, because I had always been told that my natural affinities for art and language could not be monetized in the real world. (I chose what is looked upon as an estimated profession, instead of taking a risk and pursuing my true interests) Boy, was I wrong. Since having started, I have not enjoyed one second of any class, and I feel like the life is being sucked out of my naturally creative mind. While I was looking for alternatives, I stumbled across an influencer who was promoting steps for overall self-optimization, including the topic of becoming financially independent. Upon a recommendation of his, I bought "The Millionaire´s Fastlane" and I can say, that since reading it, my perspective on money has been completely changed and I am now determined to neither waste precious time, trying to fit into society and trading my time for money, nor waiting for the perfect time to take initiative.
One aspect that I am still struggling with however, is focusing on a high-income-skill, that I could work on. The only "problem" is, that I have always been quite good at creating art (not to promote myself, but to give you an idea of my current skill set: Instagram: @francise.zita), as well as articulating myself, or coming up with creative slogans/puns etc. so I decided that I could either start out by copywriting, graphic design (of sorts) or maybe start out with a website (affiliate marketing) since I have seen many people talk about it online. The past two months I´ve been trying to simultaneously learn how to juggle becoming better at each of those skills, but I feel like I am not making progress, for I have not really been deep focusing on just on skill alone, and instead been half-heartedly devoting my time to each one of those, while also not completely failing at university. I have always had the habit of trying to figure out everything on my own, so this introduction is a way of stepping out of my comfort zone and reaching out to all of you (hopefully) like-minded individuals. If you have read this far, and maybe feel like you could give me some advice whatsoever, I would be more than grateful. Thank you in advance :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amdkid

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 9, 2022
Hey there, I´m Francise and I´ve just turned 19. After having graduated this spring, I made the decision to enroll into college, since all of my friends chose that path and it is the most common thing to do after having finished school. Having been a straight-A-student all my life, I spent all summer not being able to decide on what course to take, since none seemed to really peek my interest. I then decided to go with chemistry, because, for one, I thought that the chances of getting a "good" job were fairly high, and secondly, because I had always been told that my natural affinities for art and language could not be monetized in the real world. (I chose what is looked upon as an estimated profession, instead of taking a risk and pursuing my true interests) Boy, was I wrong. Since having started, I have not enjoyed one second of any class, and I feel like the life is being sucked out of my naturally creative mind. While I was looking for alternatives, I stumbled across an influencer who was promoting steps for overall self-optimization, including the topic of becoming financially independent. Upon a recommendation of his, I bought "The Millionaire´s Fastlane" and I can say, that since reading it, my perspective on money has been completely changed and I am now determined to neither waste precious time, trying to fit into society and trading my time for money, nor waiting for the perfect time to take initiative.
One aspect that I am still struggling with however, is focusing on a high-income-skill, that I could work on. The only "problem" is, that I have always been quite good at creating art (not to promote myself, but to give you an idea of my current skill set: Instagram: @francise.zita), as well as articulating myself, or coming up with creative slogans/puns etc. so I decided that I could either start out by copywriting, graphic design (of sorts) or maybe start out with a website (affiliate marketing) since I have seen many people talk about it online. The past two months I´ve been trying to simultaneously learn how to juggle becoming better at each of those skills, but I feel like I am not making progress, for I have not really been deep focusing on just on skill alone, and instead been half-heartedly devoting my time to each one of those, while also not completely failing at university. I have always had the habit of trying to figure out everything on my own, so this introduction is a way of stepping out of my comfort zone and reaching out to all of you (hopefully) like-minded individuals. If you have read this far, and maybe feel like you could give me some advice whatsoever, I would be more than grateful. Thank you in advance :)
Am also 19 and i somewhat resonate with your story.

In my second yr of computer science rn. Tried a bunch of things from detailing, automotive bodywork, dropshipping etc. None however had much success and i felt as though i was spreading myself too thin on all these businesses/skills.

Instead now, my main focus is getting a Computer Science degree(despite all the hate university degrees get, i still believe computersceince, engineering, doctor, lawyers are quite high paying and can get you a good start in your 20s). Focusing on my degree and coupled with ONE business/skill seems to be the way for us uni/college kids.

Again try not to spread yourself too thin and focus on multiple things at once. Try focusing on the 1-2 things that ACC matter. Also, we are deff at that age where we could take time to fail and learn from them so don't feel like crap after a few setbacks. Besides, fastlane is all about learning from your past failures and getting right back up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...