The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Farming My Way Into the Fastlane

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Jan 14, 2023
First and foremost, today marks one year since I joined this life-changing forum, and boy! Has my mindset shifted!

I have a progress thread on the general forum titled $240 Can No Longer Hold Me Hostage)

Last Tuesday, a kind soul saw it fit to gift me an INSIDERS subscription for three months so, here I am, wide-eyed the variety of experiences and lessons at my disposal.

Background
I hail from Uganda and will be making 42 come the 26th of this month. I am a proud mum of seven(five biological, and twins adopted).I am a teacher of English Language at the secondary school level.

I had an FTE around three years ago, which sent me on a relentless search for a means of retiring from teaching as soon as possible. (A lady in her 50s wanted to transfer to our school and our headteacher asked me as the head of the Languages department whether we had need for such an old lady in the school.)It occurred to me that sooner than later, I would be the old lady under discussion.

In addition to that FTE, I grew tired of waiting for the government to increase our salaries, or for someone to discover my potential and elevate me to an acceptable level of affluence.( I was that hopeless.)

Meanwhile, we were running a very small retail business that was leading nowhere, depleting the stock whenever salaries delayed and our allowances weren't paid. On top of the profit being laughable, it had an element of a bar and we would sometimes close at 3:00 am when we had lessons early that morning.This was taking a toll on our eating habits, and we had no quality time as a family.
Fast forward to 2020, C0VlD-19 hit and we had the best time of our lives in the village running our farm. The kids were excited, our health was at its best, and expenditure was limited to a few items like sugar and airtime. At the same time, the farm was making some money from the sale of passion fruits, eggs and bananas. It was then I knew I had to retire early from government service and pursue an agribusiness.

I kissed numerous frogs(books) before landing on The Millionaire Fastlane and consequently this forum.

WHERE IAM AT NOW.

Early last year, we changed from a shop at a fuel station to a grocery store in the central business area. As newbies with limited capital and time, sales were minimal but something stuck out: Strangers were being attracted by the quality of our beans, corn, millet and above all, cassava chips and flour (We had grown them on our farm). Eventually, we have become sort of a reference point for those who want quality cassava chips and flour.

I saw a pain point and sought to correct it. I have since planted around 5000 cassava plants with my target being 10000. If each plant yields 2 kgs(some can go up to 6 if left to fully mature),that will be 20000kg. With each kg going at 2000shs, that would be 40,0000,000shs(this is my net income for four years at my job.)
Therefore, I am doing my best to increase acreage under cassava, and some people have advised me to consider exporting the cassava flour. This calls for drying, and packaging technology the acquisition of which I am going to focus on this year.

Therefore, I am going to soak up everything about exporting in my three-month stay here on INSIDERS.i will also initiate the process of company registration and branding to be ready when the lights go green for me.Apart from accelerating my journey into the fastlane, I see this venture as a means of uplifting ,albeit slightly, the living conditions of my neighbours who are already weeding the gardens and will play a vital role in chipping and drying the cassava.
I have encouraged some women to plant more cassava so that they can supplement mine.

Once I gain some experience in the field of exporting cassava products, I hope to divesify into other organic products. Let us count down to the end of this year for my first international sale(Please, hold me accountable.)

I am therefore here seeking advice, and guidance. A huge shout out goes to the people already cheering me on especially @FastNAwesome , @Spenny @Bekit and @Mikkel among others. With you awesome people in my corner, I can only succeed.

I will keep my updates on the general forum so that those who are starting out like me can pick a thing from your informed opinion.

Lastly, thanks again to my benefactor.THERE IS A FORUM and THIS IS THE FORUM.
I will forever invoke blessings upon your head, and emulate your benevolence in ways suitable to my context.
Till next time,
Aura.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...