The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dreaming of circular sustainable economies - Intro

jakemarchand

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 1, 2022
Hello! Name is Jacob and my wife and I started a small nail salon earlier in 2022. (Gasp!) that’s not a CENTS business! You are right it isn’t, however, the salon is 5 min from our front door, and is almost completely passive to manage. So far, it has been a great learning experience.

Now that that business is up and running almost entirely on its own, it’s time to get serious and go big!

Presently, I have been investigating and running some tests related to Black Soldier Fly farming or BSF. BSF farming and other insect farms are attempting to solve a sustainable agriculture problem as well as a world shortage in high quality protein.

There are some big players in this industry and most are 10+ years ahead of me. It’s a big problem, and I’m a small person. Please wish me luck. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
other insect farms are attempting to solve a sustainable agriculture problem as well as a world shortage in high quality protein.

You mean so people can eat bugs? Or are these insects used as a natural crop defense? Versus pesticides?

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 18, 2021
England

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Hello! Name is Jacob and my wife and I started a small nail salon earlier in 2022. (Gasp!) that’s not a CENTS business! You are right it isn’t, however, the salon is 5 min from our front door, and is almost completely passive to manage. So far, it has been a great learning experience.

Now that that business is up and running almost entirely on its own, it’s time to get serious and go big!

Presently, I have been investigating and running some tests related to Black Soldier Fly farming or BSF. BSF farming and other insect farms are attempting to solve a sustainable agriculture problem as well as a world shortage in high quality protein.

There are some big players in this industry and most are 10+ years ahead of me. It’s a big problem, and I’m a small person. Please wish me luck. ;)
Well if it makes sense and as you said “ they some big players ahead 10 years+ “ go ahead!!!! Your passion perceives you???? Go get it???

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022

I know someone that was in the BSF farming niche previously (company failed). It is a truly fascinating space that I think will rapidly expand, a lot of upside if you can figure out the problems. Best of luck on your journey!

jakemarchand

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 1, 2022
You mean so people can eat bugs? Or are these insects used as a natural crop defense? Versus pesticides?
If western culture starts to embrace insect protein then yes the company would pivot, though I don’t believe that western cultures are on board with insect protein for humans.

The primary focus of the operation is to defer organic waste from landfills By converting organic waste into usable materials and products such as aquaculture and pet feeds, and sustainable Fertilizer additives.

The rapid climate changes the world is experiencing is a factor of poor waste management leading to greenhouse gas emissions. If this solution can be implemented at scale, it may be enough to make a positive impact by reducing green house gas contributing waste in landfills.

Last edited:

jakemarchand

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 1, 2022
I know someone that was in the BSF farming niche previously (company failed). It is a truly fascinating space that I think will rapidly expand, a lot of upside if you can figure out the problems. Best of luck on your journey!
By chance could you share why the company failed or those challenges that were present?

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
By chance could you share why the company failed or those challenges that were present?
In this case: economics (cost of buildings / containers), demand (for end product), regulation (illegal currently in many places).

jakemarchand

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 1, 2022
In this case: economics (cost of buildings / containers), demand (for end product), regulation (illegal currently in many places).
Thank you for sharing, and yes I agree all those challenges are still very present.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...