The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A word about perseverance from Alex Hormozi

Anything related to matters of the mind

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Our business is doing fine, we have a good system, things are pretty optimized and we’ve removed a lot of bottlenecks, so now the only thing to do to crank the floodgates wide open is….more leads at an affordable price.

I picked up 100M Leads by Alex Hormozi and I think it’s a LETHAL book for any business owner. Absolutely must read.

At the end, there’s a little bit that I really liked and I’d like to share it with you.

Alex:
“Imagine you and a friend play a dice-rolling game. You are each given one die. One of the die has 20 sides. The other has 200. On each die, only one side is green. And the rest, are red. The point of the game is simple: Roll green as many times as you can.

The rules of the game are as follows:

-You can’t see how many sides you have. You can only see if you roll red or green.

-If you roll green–One of your red sides turns green, and you get to roll again.

-If you roll red–Nothing happens, and you get to roll again.

-The game ends when you stop rolling. And if you stop rolling, you lose.

What do you do?

You roll.

When you roll red, you pick up the die and roll again. When others roll green, you pick up your die and roll again. When you roll green, you pick up the die and roll again. You keep telling yourself one thing. “The more I roll, the more greens I get.” At first, you roll green once in a while. But as more red sides turn green, the greens happen more. With enough rolls, hitting green becomes the rule rather than the exception.

What does your friend do?

He rolls a few times and hits red each time. He sees you roll a green and complains that you must have a die with fewer sides. He reasons, it’s the only way you could have rolled green before him. And although you did, you also rolled many more times. So which is it?

In either case, he rolls a few more times in frustration and hits a green. But then he complains about how long it took. He’s spent more time watching you and complaining than actually playing. Meanwhile, you’ve hit your green streak. It’s so much easier for you, he tells himself. You get greens every time! This game is rigged, so what’s the point? He quits.

So who got the die with 20 sides? Who got the die with 200 sides? If you get the game then you see, once you roll enough times, the die you’re given doesn’t matter.

Die with fewer sides might roll green sooner.
Die with more sides might roll green later.
But, a die with a green side always has a chance of rolling green… if you roll it.
Every die hits its green streak when rolled enough times.

All of us get a many-sided die. And looking at the other players, you have no idea if it’s their 100th roll or their 100,000th. You don't know how “good” other players are when they start, you can only see how well they do now. But, if you understand the game, you also know it doesn’t matter.

A few begin playing early. Others begin much later. The rest sit on the sidelines complaining about how lucky the players are. I guess so, but they’re luckier because they play. And when they hit red, which they do, they didn’t quit. They rolled again.

Learning to advertise is a lot like the game of the many sided die. You do not know if it will work until you try. And when you start advertising, you will probably hit red on your first rolls. But if you try enough times you will hit green. And when it works, you have a better chance of getting it to work again. The more you do it, the easier it gets. You begin to understand the game. No matter how many players there are or the number of sides on the die you’re given, you start to see the only two guarantees:
1) The more times you roll, the better you get.
2) If you quit, you lose

So here’s my final promise:

You cannot lose if you do not quit.”

Me:

I try to set time limits and speed up my progress as much as I can, I don’t want to be 60 pulling up on my first ten million.

But here’s the truth, it takes as long as it takes, and I’ll give up once I’m dead.

I have some severe ADHD in a lot of things, but the one thing I don’t do is quit my business.

Every time things get hard, I just remember “this is where others quit” so by continuing I am succeeding by outlasting others.

Test, reiterate, learn, execute, grow, repeat, on and on forever and ever.

Every single year I get the luxury of looking back and thinking “F*ck, I was such a moron!” And I end up miles and miles ahead.

You are going to absolutely suck at first. Allow yourself to be trash, then adjust, improve, try again, etc. but you need to put in the reps. Keep rolling the dice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Our business is doing fine, we have a good system, things are pretty optimized and we’ve removed a lot of bottlenecks, so now the only thing to do to crank the floodgates wide open is….more leads at an affordable price.

I picked up 100M Leads by Alex Hormozi and I think it’s a LETHAL book for any business owner. Absolutely must read.

At the end, there’s a little bit that I really liked and I’d like to share it with you.

Alex:
“Imagine you and a friend play a dice-rolling game. You are each given one die. One of the die has 20 sides. The other has 200. On each die, only one side is green. And the rest, are red. The point of the game is simple: Roll green as many times as you can.

The rules of the game are as follows:

-You can’t see how many sides you have. You can only see if you roll red or green.

-If you roll green–One of your red sides turns green, and you get to roll again.

-If you roll red–Nothing happens, and you get to roll again.

-The game ends when you stop rolling. And if you stop rolling, you lose.

What do you do?

You roll.

When you roll red, you pick up the die and roll again. When others roll green, you pick up your die and roll again. When you roll green, you pick up the die and roll again. You keep telling yourself one thing. “The more I roll, the more greens I get.” At first, you roll green once in a while. But as more red sides turn green, the greens happen more. With enough rolls, hitting green becomes the rule rather than the exception.

What does your friend do?

He rolls a few times and hits red each time. He sees you roll a green and complains that you must have a die with fewer sides. He reasons, it’s the only way you could have rolled green before him. And although you did, you also rolled many more times. So which is it?

In either case, he rolls a few more times in frustration and hits a green. But then he complains about how long it took. He’s spent more time watching you and complaining than actually playing. Meanwhile, you’ve hit your green streak. It’s so much easier for you, he tells himself. You get greens every time! This game is rigged, so what’s the point? He quits.

So who got the die with 20 sides? Who got the die with 200 sides? If you get the game then you see, once you roll enough times, the die you’re given doesn’t matter.

Die with fewer sides might roll green sooner.
Die with more sides might roll green later.
But, a die with a green side always has a chance of rolling green… if you roll it.
Every die hits its green streak when rolled enough times.

All of us get a many-sided die. And looking at the other players, you have no idea if it’s their 100th roll or their 100,000th. You don't know how “good” other players are when they start, you can only see how well they do now. But, if you understand the game, you also know it doesn’t matter.

A few begin playing early. Others begin much later. The rest sit on the sidelines complaining about how lucky the players are. I guess so, but they’re luckier because they play. And when they hit red, which they do, they didn’t quit. They rolled again.

Learning to advertise is a lot like the game of the many sided die. You do not know if it will work until you try. And when you start advertising, you will probably hit red on your first rolls. But if you try enough times you will hit green. And when it works, you have a better chance of getting it to work again. The more you do it, the easier it gets. You begin to understand the game. No matter how many players there are or the number of sides on the die you’re given, you start to see the only two guarantees:
1) The more times you roll, the better you get.
2) If you quit, you lose

So here’s my final promise:

You cannot lose if you do not quit.”

Me:

I try to set time limits and speed up my progress as much as I can, I don’t want to be 60 pulling up on my first ten million.

But here’s the truth, it takes as long as it takes, and I’ll give up once I’m dead.

I have some severe ADHD in a lot of things, but the one thing I don’t do is quit my business.

Every time things get hard, I just remember “this is where others quit” so by continuing I am succeeding by outlasting others.

Test, reiterate, learn, execute, grow, repeat, on and on forever and ever.

Every single year I get the luxury of looking back and thinking “F*ck, I was such a moron!” And I end up miles and miles ahead.

You are going to absolutely suck at first. Allow yourself to be trash, then adjust, improve, try again, etc. but you need to put in the reps. Keep rolling the dice.
I know that if you do not play the game, you have a 100% chance of failing. It's like fishing without putting a hook or a net in the water. Standing on the shore and calling out "Here fishy, fishy" doesn't work.

I know that standing around complaining wastes the time and energy you could be putting into finding a way to win. It's like putting lipstick on a pig. It's a waste of time, and resources, while it annoys the pig.

I know that success takes knowledge morphed into skills through diligently applying that knowledge to real-world situations. It's like the difference between having the ingredients on the pantry shelf and putting them together to make a cake batter. And you don't have a cake until you add the heat of an oven to your batter over the specific baking time. Knowledge alone is not enough. Neither are good intentions. Success takes a bunch of ingredients, time, and a sense of timing, mixed with a whole process. Most of the time it takes a learning curve over several tries to create that success.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Bloody hell, I've really forgotten how amazing this forum can be. Thanks Johnny!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.