The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fast Lane at 43?

EssexCase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
533%
May 5, 2024
Hi, I'm a 42 year old scaffolder from the UK and soon to be 43 in a couple of weeks. I've spent the last 20+ years coasting through life, getting drunk on the weekends/ weekdays. Slowly killing myself through bad choices in the evenings and fuelling someone else's fast lane dream during the day, by working for a company and not myself! I have a wife and 4 young boys, who I don't want to grow up with the same outlook and opportunities that I have used/had in the past.

I gave up alcohol over a year ago and have slowly been getting myself back on track. Firstly moving from the sidewalk to the slow lane. Starting a pension at 41 and putting money into stocks and crypto. This sounded like a great idea at first - compounding interest etc. Then the realisation of 20 years slowly investing into something that I physically wont have the ability to enjoy, as arthritis kicks in after 40 years in a manual job.

I've got a long way to go. - Needing to learn a whole lifetimes worth of useful life altering skills, in a shorter time scale than most. But hopefully with a lot of determination, I can turn the rest of my time around and into a better life lived by my family and myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi, I'm a 42 year old scaffolder from the UK and soon to be 43 in a couple of weeks. I've spent the last 20+ years coasting through life, getting drunk on the weekends/ weekdays. Slowly killing myself through bad choices in the evenings and fuelling someone else's fast lane dream during the day, by working for a company and not myself! I have a wife and 4 young boys, who I don't want to grow up with the same outlook and opportunities that I have used/had in the past.

I gave up alcohol over a year ago and have slowly been getting myself back on track. Firstly moving from the sidewalk to the slow lane. Starting a pension at 41 and putting money into stocks and crypto. This sounded like a great idea at first - compounding interest etc. Then the realisation of 20 years slowly investing into something that I physically wont have the ability to enjoy, as arthritis kicks in after 40 years in a manual job.

I've got a long way to go. - Needing to learn a whole lifetimes worth of useful life altering skills, in a shorter time scale than most. But hopefully with a lot of determination, I can turn the rest of my time around and into a better life lived by my family and myself.
Welcome.

Ramius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jul 10, 2017
South Yorkshire, England
No limits mate. Leave that to others.

I'm in UK, I'm 45, six kids, and just built my first "real" company with employees... now transitioning into Fastlane models with exit. Aiming for retirement by 50, but ideally, next year.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 25, 2021
UK

Don't let your age hold you back. I'm in my late 50's and love being in business for myself. I tried to retire and found I couldn't stop. Having a growing business is like the best drug ever.

You're in the right place, and there are some great people on this forum.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you deliver value to someone, they don't care about your age.

When you buy something, do you ask the person who sold it to you their age? Is that even possible? 99% of the time it isn't so why make it an issue?

It's only a issue in your head which then becomes an excuse not to progress.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Hello @EssexCase and welcome on the forum

43 years old is nothing if you have ambition and good mindset, wich you seem to both have.

Now business is long, difficult and full of frustration, but I it's all worth it at the end.

If you keep motivation and self-questioning in the long run, it will improve your life in a lot of aspect.

Feel free to read and participate on the forum and welcome again

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
562%
Apr 17, 2022
Your biological age is much more relevant than the number on your birth certificate.

You are completely powerless in trying to change the latter. The former, however, is almost entirely under your own command.

Can you get in the Fastlane in your 40s or beyond?

Reality will ultimately decide what can and cannot happen.

Our job is to try our best - keeping in mind that those who keep asking will receive. And those who keep seeking will find.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...