The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yet another aspiring unscripted here

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 11, 2018
Hi all,

I’m new in this forum, and I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Sergio, from Spain. I’ve been working as a software developer for 8 years, which overall I’ve enjoyed, but the idea of having my own online business or making my own software has always been chasing me, even if I already made small things, such as mobile apps that didn’t sell very well (but it’s still a first step!).

I eventually want to buy my freedom to be able to work for the rest of my life as an independent video games developer, which is the ultimate intersection between autonomy, art and technology (all three things are things I love), without having to worry about money or their success (as in any kind of art, it's very difficult to succeed). It's currently a saturated market and I believe it breaks the commandment of control, which is the reason for having doubts about doing it full-time instead of working on other kind of software projects first, but that's the thing I would do in my life and would make me get out of bed every morning if I didn't have to worry about money anymore.

I have some other ideas in mind (most of them SaaS or related to Machine Learning, or programming books), which could be more profitable (less saturated market)? But I haven’t decided yet whether I’ll go for one of them, or I’ll take the riskier path of the game developer. In any case, I’ll do my best to provide value for other people (very different in games, compared to other kind of products, but still value), and enjoy the process. No matter how long it takes, no matter how tough it is, I'll make my way to an unscripted life to work on the things that really matter to me, and be free to spend my limited time with my family (the single most important thing after all).

I would like to say that I have been reading this forum for a few weeks and it’s a GOLD MINE. I’m learning a lot from people who actually made great businesses, and that’s better than 99% of books.

Finally, I would like to thank MJ for his books. Reading them made me realise that my time in this world is limited and "someday" means "never" unless you take action, and then a life of regret is all you have. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Sergio.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...