The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

x

Anything related to matters of the mind

Batko

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2023
Hello,
I am 20 yrs old and am currently enrolled in Bio-chemistry field in college. I've previously built an agency which was getting me decent amount of money and I loved doing it. But because of my mental health problems I decided to stop doing it with my friend and focus on getting a degree that could help me improve myself. I've successfully managed to improve my health by 90%, but the loneliness is killing me. I am feeling that the time is consuming me and I am not doing anything with my life. Plus living in a less developed country is not helping much.

College
The main goal when entering this field was to help myself and my family while surrounding with likeminded people (sadly, there weren't). I have succeeded in that venture, but the financial question gives me anxiety. The options I have in my country is to work for 500-600eu, for which I wanted to move out to another country (Switzerland - pharmacy land) and get a higher paying job (slow-lane indoctrination) which is the more stable and secure way, even though I know that it can be time consuming and a lot of risks/things that could go wrong were in play. A principle "high barrier to entry" which I read in TMF book made me think that I may have options to build a business in this field, but I am not sure whether that is possible in my country (High level of corruption, only certain people can give you green light, much harder definitely), but still it is not impossible. Also I have ADHD (managing it), and I don't really have a lot of free time. The college cost is covered with one paycheck here.

Agency
I've started an agency with my bestfriend couple of years ago, but because of the reasons stated before and other plus. I decided to give everything to him. We've been making entry level websites (mostly presentational) + Graphic design + hosting them and were getting for 200eur yearly on each one made (certain passive income made with an author agency yearly paid). During our venture we didn't really have any money to start, but it started coming, basically from nothing we made something (we were using 2$ hosting at the beginning haha). A lot of meetings and connections with business people, owners, professors and people on high government positions we met and we were only 18, and it was going good.

But because of the AI I'm afraid for my future, question is should I focus on rebuilding everything or just simply go on my safer route and wait for opportunities in Pharma/ medicine industry. Do you have any thoughts? Should I focus on finishing my studies or should I get back and develop my skills and restart the agency?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello,
I am 20 yrs old and am currently enrolled in Bio-chemistry field in college. I've previously built an agency which was getting me decent amount of money and I loved doing it. But because of my mental health problems I decided to stop doing it with my friend and focus on getting a degree that could help me improve myself. I've successfully managed to improve my health by 90%, but the loneliness is killing me. I am feeling that the time is consuming me and I am not doing anything with my life. Plus living in a less developed country is not helping much.

College
The main goal when entering this field was to help myself and my family while surrounding with likeminded people (sadly, there weren't). I have succeeded in that venture, but the financial question gives me anxiety. The options I have in my country is to work for 500-600eu, for which I wanted to move out to another country (Switzerland - pharmacy land) and get a higher paying job (slow-lane indoctrination) which is the more stable and secure way, even though I know that it can be time consuming and a lot of risks/things that could go wrong were in play. A principle "high barrier to entry" which I read in TMF book made me think that I may have options to build a business in this field, but I am not sure whether that is possible in my country (High level of corruption, only certain people can give you green light, much harder definitely), but still it is not impossible. Also I have ADHD (managing it), and I don't really have a lot of free time. The college cost is covered with one paycheck here.

Agency
I've started an agency with my bestfriend couple of years ago, but because of the reasons stated before and other plus. I decided to give everything to him. We've been making entry level websites (mostly presentational) + Graphic design + hosting them and were getting for 200eur yearly on each one made (certain passive income made with an author agency yearly paid). During our venture we didn't really have any money to start, but it started coming, basically from nothing we made something (we were using 2$ hosting at the beginning haha). A lot of meetings and connections with business people, owners, professors and people on high government positions we met and we were only 18, and it was going good.

But because of the AI I'm afraid for my future, question is should I focus on rebuilding everything or just simply go on my safer route and wait for opportunities in Pharma/ medicine industry. Do you have any thoughts? Should I focus on finishing my studies or should I get back and develop my skills and restart the agency?
When I reas the title my immediate thought was "Why not both?"

Also going into pharmacy and biotech is a good field with way less competition due to high barriers to entry.

Batko

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2023
When I reas the title my immediate thought was "Why not both?"

Also going into pharmacy and biotech is a good field with way less competition due to high barriers to entry.
Well the main reason is, that my college is extremely hard and needs 120% focus on it (lasting 5-6 years approximately), thus giving me loneliness and depression, making me unable to do anything else apart from it. On the other hand the website business made me more flexible and made my life more interesting, plus higher freedom & money.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Well the main reason is, that my college is extremely hard and needs 120% focus on it (lasting 5-6 years approximately), thus giving me loneliness and depression, making me unable to do anything else apart from it. On the other hand the website business made me more flexible and made my life more interesting, plus higher freedom & money.
What do you want to do?

Seems like you've pretty much decided for yourself what you'd like to do before you even wrote this thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
What do you want to do?

Seems like you've pretty much decided for yourself what you'd like to do before you even wrote this thread.
Funny when you see these 'questions' enough times, people aren't actually asking, what they really are doing is framing it in a way so people will give them permission to go with what they want, or what their gut is telling them. Or in other words, if they flipped a coin, what they would instinctively hope it landed on.

Batko 20 is ridiculously young, take time to reflect, visualize every option, then plan accordingly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.