The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

working a second job during the downtime at my office job? thoughts?

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
I currently work full time at an office building. The work is easy for me. I work from 7am to 5pm everyday with only a couple of hours of actual work to do. Other than that I sit at my desk for pretty much 8 hours a day. I was thinking, why not get another job so that when I'm at work, I can work the second job once my tasks are finished.

Only problem is I don't really know what I could do. I've seen jobs online like tutoring chinese kids learning english, and other remote desk jobs but not really sure what I could do. Thoughts guys? Any recommendations for what I could or should be doing? I literally have a laptop in front of me and I make $15 an hour to check 2 hours of emails a day. I just want to maximize my time here and either work a second job or start a side hustle but its very difficult. I already tried the web design thing and it's not for me. cold calling and cold emailing for 3 years already. only had success a couple times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
That's a great idea!

Most people would be wasting that time watching YouTube or playing Angry Birds or surfing social media.

Since you're working for $15 an hour, I'm assuming you don't have a boat load of cash. But, you seem to have a boat load of time. Which is valuable.

Read Unscripted and figure out how to turn that time into a productocracy.

What are your marketable skills?

If you don't have any, then you could use that time to obtain some, such as:
Coding
Copywriting
Social media marketing
PPC advertising
Other marketable skills

Check out:
Learn the Latest Tech Skills; Advance Your Career | Udacity or
Online Classes by Skillshare | Start for Free Today or

Check out these books for side hustle ideas:
1. 100 Side Hustles: Unexpected Ideas for Making Extra Money Without Quitting Your Day Job: Chris Guillebeau: 9780399582578: Amazon.com: Books
2. The Ultimate Side Hustle Book: 450 Moneymaking Ideas for the Gig Economy: Elana Varon: 9781507209226: Amazon.com: Books

Just don't get stuck in the side hustle. Use the side hustle or freelancer money to fund your productocracy.

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
That's a great idea!

Most people would be wasting that time watching YouTube or playing Angry Birds or surfing social media.

Since you're working for $15 an hour, I'm assuming you don't have a boat load of cash. But, you seem to have a boat load of time. Which is valuable.

Read Unscripted and figure out how to turn that time into a productocracy.

What are your marketable skills?

If you don't have any, then you could use that time to obtain some, such as:
Coding
Copywriting
Social media marketing
PPC advertising
Other marketable skills

Check out:
Learn the Latest Tech Skills; Advance Your Career | Udacity or
Online Classes by Skillshare | Start for Free Today or

Check out these books for side hustle ideas:
1. 100 Side Hustles: Unexpected Ideas for Making Extra Money Without Quitting Your Day Job: Chris Guillebeau: 9780399582578: Amazon.com: Books
2. The Ultimate Side Hustle Book: 450 Moneymaking Ideas for the Gig Economy: Elana Varon: 9781507209226: Amazon.com: Books

Just don't get stuck in the side hustle. Use the side hustle or freelancer money to fund your productocracy.

Thank you so much bro, I will definitely read Unscripted .

I'm a programmer so I have a few programming languages under my belt already and I also have a degree.

I'll check out Udacity and Skillshare. What's your thoughts on Udemy? My friend gave me his account with a ton of courses.

I'll have to check out those books as well.

Thanks again

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Udemy is like most marketplaces (online and offline). Some gold surrounded by a lot of trash.

Use the reviews as a guide.

You have 30 days to refund the course. So, you can always get your money back. But, they can't refund your time.

Consider using your programming skills to freelance on UpWork or Fiverr or Rent-a-Coder.

Degrees aren't skills. They are the antithesis of skills. I have three of them by-the-way (bachelors, masters, and doctorate). So, I don't say that as a hater. Just as a realist.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Selling and communicating well are two of the most valuable skills you can have as an entrepreneur and as a human being in general.

So, consider checking out @Lex DeVille threads on copywriting.

You could learn to sell and communicate on someone else's dime as a paid copywriter while earning the $15 an hour from your primary employer.

You're learning and perfecting a valuable and marketable skill while getting paid from two different employers.

Win-win-win.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.