The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wordpress: Divi + Desktop Safari = Tragedy

The business of web design

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Hi, did anyone have the similar problem to me ? My WP page created on Divi is veeery slow on desktop in Safari.

It works great in other browsers and Safari mobile.

Any ideas ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Divi creates poor code hard to maintain and slow to run, that's it. Back in the days, I had some problems with Safari or Firefox.

I started with Divi too, but I would just recommend switching to another website builder.

If you want to stick with WordPress (which is fine, WP is good, with pros and cons), go for Bricks.
Cool interface, user-friendly, clean and fast code. It's the opposite of Divi or Elementor which are old builders.

If you're not against exploring new horizons, you should give a try to Webflow which is now kind of famous. As a former WP user, it will blow your mind. Fast, efficient, tons of integrations.

I also like Framer. It's the main competitor of Webflow with its own style and features.

Every website builder has strenghts and weaknesses, some are most interesting and faster to build a specific type of site.

TL;DR: Divi is old and produces bad code, consider Bricks if you want to stay with WordPress, and Webflow/Framer if you want to save time and money.

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Divi creates poor code hard to maintain and slow to run, that's it. Back in the days, I had some problems with Safari or Firefox.

I started with Divi too, but I would just recommend switching to another website builder.

If you want to stick with WordPress (which is fine, WP is good, with pros and cons), go for Bricks.
Cool interface, user-friendly, clean and fast code. It's the opposite of Divi or Elementor which are old builders.

If you're not against exploring new horizons, you should give a try to Webflow which is now kind of famous. As a former WP user, it will blow your mind. Fast, efficient, tons of integrations.

I also like Framer. It's the main competitor of Webflow with its own style and features.

Every website builder has strenghts and weaknesses, some are most interesting and faster to build a specific type of site.

TL;DR: Divi is old and produces bad code, consider Bricks if you want to stay with WordPress, and Webflow/Framer if you want to save time and money.
Well, I had started with Next JS framework, then I switched to wordpress and finally m, as fullstack dev, I have small conslusion:

If somebody has good coding skills, creating pages by writing code is easier, faster and less frustrating than Wordpress ;p

Next JS + shadcn + tailwind css + preparing template is IMHO best solution for me.

cYn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 25, 2023
Sorry but it's very hard to pinpoint your problems on this specific issue. This is more of a debugging problem that you need to perform. Personally, off the cuff I would figure out:
  • When did this problem occur
  • What were the major changes before this problem occurred
  • Am I able to revert to a snapshot or point in time
  • Can I spin up another instance and troubleshoot without affecting the current page in "production"
  • Is this actually a Divi problem? Actually a Safari problem?
    • What makes it a Divi problem?
    • What makes it a Safari problem?
I can go on and on but the point is there's way too much to unpack on the forum.

@KiwiEC provides great alternative but IMO, it doesn't matter what you choose because if you don't have the foundational knowledge in understanding your tools you'll always run into a wall.

For example I have a Wordpress page using Elementor. I agree that Bricks does a better job at outputting lighter code but I chose Elementor for the bigger community of tools for me to get the job done faster. My webpage has a 98 Lighthouse score after tweaking JS/CSS builds and loading using Autoptimize and Perfmatters because I knew aggregating, minimizing, and deferring dependencies will speed up a website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.