The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Where can I learn about the Product Development process

AlonN

New Contributor
Jun 10, 2018
Hey guys,

I currently own a private label brand on Amazon (branded generic products) and I'm interested in designing a better version of my current product.

I'm looking for recommendations on books/courses/blogs or any other source that might help me understand the whole process of designing and developing a new product.

Thanks! :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Welcome to the Fastalane Forum.

You can find blogs such as this one: The 7 Steps of Effective Product Development. Note: This article is about an improved cosmetic product. It contains some good tips, but as a man you might find it boring. Also the woman featured had a huge amount of financial backing from her family.

There are plenty of others. Just Google: Product Development.

You will also find that the Fastlane is a very helpful community, but you will need to ask specific questions once you get started on developing a product.

Walter

OP
OP
A

AlonN

New Contributor
Jun 10, 2018
Welcome to the Fastalane Forum.

You can find blogs such as this one: The 7 Steps of Effective Product Development. Note: This article is about an improved cosmetic product. It contains some good tips, but as a man you might find it boring. Also the woman featured had a huge amount of financial backing from her family.

There are plenty of others. Just Google: Product Development.

You will also find that the Fastlane is a very helpful community, but you will need to ask specific questions once you get started on developing a product.

Walter
Thanks for the recommendation Walter! my product is somewhat related to the cosmetics niche so it's extremely helpful.

As for the financial backing - I have enough profits from my current FBA business to design, develop and market a new product so I don't really have to worry about it, just looking to avoid costly mistakes before starting the design and development of the new product.

Most things I found on google were pretty basic, I was looking for a more in-depth guide on the whole process (specifically physical products).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom