The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What one thing held you back from starting a successful business more than anything else?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
And if you haven't yet started a profitable business, what do you feel is currently holding you back?

For me, what held me back most was continuously strategizing and coming up with a million ideas but never executing and committing. Always believing that I had to find that perfect thing.

But in truth:

"The grass isn't greener on the other side. It's greener where you water it."
(just make sure that it makes CENTS lol)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Being ignorant of the real world. My dad always had a J O B and my parents always said the only people that owned businesses had money to begin with. I grew up in a small town where starting your own business wasn't even anything anyone ever thought about. Then I moved to a little bigger town in my mid teens but we brought the same mentality with us. If I would have had 1 ounce of help, I would have been here long before I was. I can say without a doubt, my parents would be surprised and proud of what I've done if they were still with us.

OP
OP
MitchM

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Self doubt
I know the feeling.

Business is about bringing people the end results that they want, whatever that may be. I think that sometimes the end results we aspire to bring to others can make us doubt ourselves because of the scale of the impact that we want to make - at least that has happened to me.

One way I believe that people could start growing and pushing past their self doubts, instead of it making them stuck, is to look at the end result and see what kind of tiny milestones could exist inside of it.

For example, if you want to help aspiring entrepreneurs start a business - and you want that to be your business - you may feel like a fraud if you aren't successful yet (because you're helping them do something you haven't).

But instead of starting a business and charging people, if you started immediately reaching out and posting in business facebook groups with the best advice that you can give after reading a bunch of business books, etc, then you can point these people in the direction of the right information that they may need for their specific problems.

You could brain storm with them and start private conversations. You would slowly be seeing more and more recurring patterns and based on the feedback and results that the people you communicate with - you can slowly gain more confidence.

I think we trip ourselves up trying to make giant leaps without realizing that growth has a snowball effect. All that time being caught up in self doubt over a goal that we feel unworthy of could be spent building ourselves up if we look at the small things that we can do and just start taking action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock