The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you take on average for web design?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

canone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 20, 2019
How much do you usually take for web design? Let's say for the service industry which is just a couple of pages (no product listings).

And please state if you're having a lot of experience charging that price. I just want to get a feeling on what I can charge. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ela

Freelance Web Developer and SEO Expert
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 21, 2022
India
I am in this business for 7 years and i wont keep fixed option for every client. Even though i keep some basic price option on mind, once i hear the client requirement it changes because of the added values like custom widgets, popups, live chat..etc. Also dont forget the tech support i offer for clients.

Every website is a different idea and effort we put in, so depend on your client requirement you can quote.

For example, for single landing page with a contact form i charge $500 as start.

My highest over all was $7000 for a website. It is custom made website and e-commerce functionality included with it.

Medellin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 11, 2021
Scottsdale, AZ
My minimum used to be $1500, but later on I bumped it up to $2500.

Usually it's not a question of price for client's, it's a question of value.

For that reason I would include a free Google GMB set up and review link + script for them to collect reviews.

Most people don't know about the review link.

canone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 20, 2019
My minimum used to be $1500, but later on I bumped it up to $2500.

Usually it's not a question of price for client's, it's a question of value.

For that reason I would include a free Google GMB set up and review link + script for them to collect reviews.

Most people don't know about the review link.
Got you, thanks. But since it's about value, having a neat website is actually a pretty good value and in my opinion it is worth more than 2500. Of course there is always the money back guarantee. I will try to make different price offers and see how they react, and consider what Google is telling me, because 99% of them will ask google first what it costs.
Maybe if you include copywriting as well. Copy isn't the duty of a designer, do you also do copy for that price bud?

If I remember I will come back and let ya'll know

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022

Medellin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 11, 2021
Scottsdale, AZ
What do you mean by that?
What he's saying is that business owners will do website cost research on their own before making a deal with you.

So in essence, if you say "Hey, I'll build you a site for $4000." They will search on Google and say "Well actually most websites costs $X"

@canone It's a common objection, but regardless it's in your favor because there average cost is actually around $2000. Plus, you can tell them that time is money. You are here now, you have a portfolio of your previous work which is not only is it high quality, but high value. Then you tell them about the GMB set up, review link, etc. They'll love you for it.

Also, I always wrote the copy myself. That's included in the price. If you want to outsource that then go for it. I was always good a writing copy so I kept the money for myself.

canone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 20, 2019
What he's saying is that business owners will do website cost research on their own before making a deal with you.

So in essence, if you say "Hey, I'll build you a site for $4000." They will search on Google and say "Well actually most websites costs $X"

@canone It's a common objection, but regardless it's in your favor because there average cost is actually around $2000. Plus, you can tell them that time is money. You are here now, you have a portfolio of your previous work which is not only is it high quality, but high value. Then you tell them about the GMB set up, review link, etc. They'll love you for it.

Also, I always wrote the copy myself. That's included in the price. If you want to outsource that then go for it. I was always good a writing copy so I kept the money for myself.
Thank you for your insights! It's a great bonus, and it may seem more of a "steal" in the customer's eye.
Cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.