The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What dissertation topics are worth studying about

Hwil4321

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi all,
I know a lot of people think University is just a waste of time and a scam etc, which I semi agree with, however I am finishing my final year of university online and have to write a dissertation. Of all the topics my classmates are choosing, a lot of them seem to be a waste of time.

One person said they are going to study about buyer behaviour and the panic buying of toilet paper

I basically have to find a topic that I want to spend the entire two terms studying, so In your opinion what would you think would be a good area of business to deep dive into and look at, even better if you can think of a specific problem or question you might want to know an answer to?

My goals are to grow my own business which is a property development and management company so I was thinking maybe something about how to find the optimal allocation of resources or something. I'm also interested in mergers and acquisitions of small businesses as an investment. So maybe I could do something about managing growth etc

If you have any thoughts I would really appreciate it, I know on here you guys are very practical and real-world, so I'm trying to see if there is a way to actually get some benefit out of my degree

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Topic of real life... oh wait, you said "University"...

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
Hi all,
I know a lot of people think University is just a waste of time and a scam etc, which I semi agree with, however I am finishing my final year of university online and have to write a dissertation. Of all the topics my classmates are choosing, a lot of them seem to be a waste of time.

One person said they are going to study about buyer behaviour and the panic buying of toilet paper

I basically have to find a topic that I want to spend the entire two terms studying, so In your opinion what would you think would be a good area of business to deep dive into and look at, even better if you can think of a specific problem or question you might want to know an answer to?

My goals are to grow my own business which is a property development and management company so I was thinking maybe something about how to find the optimal allocation of resources or something. I'm also interested in mergers and acquisitions of small businesses as an investment. So maybe I could do something about managing growth etc

If you have any thoughts I would really appreciate it, I know on here you guys are very practical and real-world, so I'm trying to see if there is a way to actually get some benefit out of my degree
There was a GOLD thread in fastlane forum, I can't remember the name, about IT guy who bought small online businesses while working his day job consulting.
I don't know about your country, but usually from my experience employers don't give a shit about what subject you wrote about in your papers. If you like data analysis, you can try maybe something about manufacturing, quality control?
Real estate deals you can analyse with simple ROI- do I get some money to cover debt servicing, or be all fancy and college like- NPV, IRR etc, but I have rented apartments from landlords who don't know what those terms even mean. They have something else going on.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
How about something to do with the inevitable disruption technology will have in the property market.

Oxford seems keen on this and you wouldn't have the Crown Estate and the Grosvenor Estate partnering with them if they had no idea what they were talking about.

Presumably you have no parameters as you are asking on a forum.

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
We had a very active thread about the changes in the real estate property market concerning C0VlD-19. Entire districts turning into ghost towns, et cetera.

As someone who regrets getting a Ph.D., I still do have to add that you are wasting your time. And how come you only spend two terms on a dissertation?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.