The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Virtual Assistant for 10 Businesses

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

WolfLane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 17, 2019
Hello All,

New member here. I have been a long time lurker here and decided to create a progress thread. I have been following several Gold threads here for many days now, especially @Fox and @Lex DeVille threads on Web development and Upwork. Those threads have been extremely helpful for me.

Having several years of experience in administrative tasks for a company, I've decided to build my startup cash through Virtual Assistance.

I will be charging $300/week and can basically cover all business daily tasks, such as emails, ms office, scheduling for social media, data entry and much more. It depends what the client needs.

My goal is 10 businesses at $300/week.

My guide will be this forum and self-belief to get 10 companies on board for my virtual assistance. I am going to get 10 clients, no matter what! It's only a matter of time. I can contribute 6-7 hours a day to this currently, and once I hit 10 companies I will be doing it full time of course.

I'll be posting my opinions, progress and any other questions I may have regarding virtual assistance in this thread. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you to everyone in advance who have contributed to this wonderful forum, especially @Lex DeVille & @Fox your threads have really inspired me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WolfLane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 17, 2019
I will compile a list of all the administrative and assistive tasks I can do for businesses so that they understand better what I am capable of. My experience here will come in handy :)

WolfLane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 17, 2019
In your opinion, is $300 a week average or above average price for a VA? I believe I'm pretty damn good at my job and handling all admin tasks.

D

Deleted74396

In your opinion, is $300 a week average or above average price for a VA? I believe I'm pretty damn good at my job and handling all admin tasks.

Wow 10 businesses at $300/week each! That's quite pricey (to me anyway).

How many hours would you work on each business for $300 a week? Even working an 80 hour week you're looking at 8 hours per business.

What makes your expertise worth $37.50 an hour? I'd think about what you can offer above the cheaper options and focus on those factors when selling your service

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what is your pitch?
what is your mvp?
what track record of success do you have doing this for businesses?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey WolfLane, I love the idea! As some of the others, however, im also a bit sceptical that you can get paying customers. Please keep us updated about how it goes for you offering your services on upwork!

tjwor5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 30, 2019
I think $300 per week is going to be a tough sell to start with. A company could hire a part-time employee to handle their low level tasks for not much more than that.

You are some how going to have to prove that you have value that exceeds what they could get with an in-house employee, and that you have value beyond what they could get with an overseas VA (which would cost a fraction of your rate).

If you do find 10 businesses that are willing to pay you $300/week for your services, you are going to get a mix of businesses that expect 40+ hours of work, and those who forget about your existence for most of the month. Your clients that use your services, by working you to death, will love your service. Those who forget about you will likely drop your services. If you aren't careful you could end up with a handful of your most needy clients as your only clients.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
People need different things and have different expectations for what they should get.

Change your pricing to have a basic service (one that takes almost no time and still offers a good value) and a high end service (takes much more of your time and includes everything.

That way, you won't have as much of a problem dealing with demanding people who pay 300 a week to own your a$$ and expect to have all of your time. Then you can tell them "that's part of the premium service, and it's 600 a week" and you also give people who only need basic services an option.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.