The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Update from Last Post (The Burnout Recovery)

Anything related to matters of the mind

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
What's up, guys. Posted last week about my massive physical and emotional burnout. I was in a very dark spot: woke up shaking from anxiety, intrusive thoughts, stress, depressed, asking myself whether this was all worth it... @Speed112 in told me a few weeks before my bad burnout that I should listen to my body if I was feeling panic attacks. And I didn't lol

I realized I was doing too many things at once since the end of 2019 up to just half a week ago. Trying to reach the end goal is literally impossible if I'm a mess mentally and physically. I wanted to create a fastlane business without even being able to hold attention for more than 2 minutes at a work task or not able to even relax to think things through. I'm grateful I had this burnout because it made me do a hard HARD stop on my life and how I was basically stressing myself to death. I sold a website last night, funny enough, and most likely if I had been trying to sell it just a few days before my burnout I probably wouldn't have been able to for being too in my head.

The point is, I'm slowly getting there. I'm still anxious and a bit depressed but every day it DOES get better. I learned a hard lesson and it's to not work myself to death. I am very, very grateful for everything and this forum.

Things I have done to get better/recover:
1. Talking to my close friends and family
2. Cleaning my room (it was a goddamn mess)
3. Meditating
4. Cold showers
5. Exercise in the morning
6. Breathing techniques to relieve stress and become present
7. Gratefulness
8. Journaling
9. Enjoying the simple work from my job
10. Always holding on to hope
11. Music
12. Positive content

I feel like this is life giving me the consequences from losing sight of what is important. It is a hard lesson I'm learning but it is NOT lost on me lol anyways. The only thing I'm keeping in mind for now in terms of fastlane is reaching $10k. Just $10k in sales. Right now I've reached the $1000 milestone just building up the portfolio and hopefully I can then pivot to higher paying clients. Other than that, I'm not thinking about it too much except when I have to. Thanks for reaching out to those who did!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Glad to see you're doing something about this and that things are getting better. Exercise, cold showers, and family were big ones for me. Took my mind off the anxiety and depression while all of the other things - diet, lifestyle, etc - were slowly extinguishing it.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
Respect you for writing this post, it's not easy to confront our fear.

For the twelve items, i suggest you start with two first and make it a habit, then start ur third item.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.