The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Unlimited Shopify Trial (up to 50 orders)

Mr.C

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 23, 2015
Hi all,

Quick post here. This could be useful if you're considering setting up a Shopify store, whether for dropshipping, traditional importing, or your own product.

If you're anything like me, maybe you get a little too excited sometimes and jump the gun with the easy stuff (i.e. setting up your online store) while failing to address the crucial tasks (e.g. making sure your product is ready to go). This can lead to you wasting money on things that you never really needed... like a Shopify Store that you weren't ready to use, maybe?

See, generally, Shopify only has a 2-week trial. After that, it's $29/month for their lowest plan, which can add up quickly if you're not taking action.

Luckily, there's a workaround. It appears that Shopify partners can create accounts without a fixed expiry time for the free trial period. Instead, the trial runs out after 50 orders have been placed through the store. That's certainly enough time to figure out if an idea is worth pursuing or not.

I'm sure that these trial accounts have some limitations, so be sure to check them out and see if they'll suit your needs.

Feel free to do some Googling for "Shopify unlimited free trial". I came across it on Fiverr. Here's a link to my search: Fiverr / Search Results for 'shopify trial'

Hope this helps someone save their money!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kris Eire

New Contributor
Feb 16, 2017
Cork Ireland
Thanks for that tip. I will actually open my shop on shopify within few weeks and that option with free shop for up to 50 orders is very handy.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I can make unlimited trial for anyone for FREE if they need.
Can you clarify on that? Unlimited trial for a length of time of a certain amount of orders or?

Curious, are you affiliated with Shopify?

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Speedway Pass
Dec 27, 2013
Can you clarify on that? Unlimited trial for a length of time of a certain amount of orders or?
Yes sorry should of clarified that. Unlimited shopify UNTIL 50 orders.

Curious, are you affiliated with Shopify?
Shopify partner developer account.

In reality anyone can make a partner developer account for free :D. Then get people to sign up under you. Once they get over 50 sales and start paying shopify, then shopify starts paying you, since you referred them ;)

sagie

New Contributor
Sep 18, 2018
Yes sorry should of clarified that. Unlimited shopify UNTIL 50 orders.

Shopify partner developer account.

In reality anyone can make a partner developer account for free :D. Then get people to sign up under you. Once they get over 50 sales and start paying shopify, then shopify starts paying you, since you referred them ;)
Hi, it would be very helpful if you can help me open a store this way, if you want to , DM me
thanks

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I am a Shopify Partner as well and didn't know I can do this for people. Thanks :)

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Chris , maybe you can help me?
Thanks
I did some research today. The purpose of these websites is so a Shopify Partner can create and edit a webpage and than pass it on to a customer once it's done, so the customer starts using Shopify by choosing a pricing plan. The 50 orders are meant to be test orders.

The way these people do it on Fiverr is they create a development page and give it to the client so they can start editing themselves or in this case - you. You should know that this only works if you haven't used a Shopify trial on that domain.

You can DM me with what you're looking for and I will help.

sagie

New Contributor
Sep 18, 2018
I did some research today. The purpose of these websites is so a Shopify Partner can create and edit a webpage and than pass it on to a customer once it's done, so the customer starts using Shopify by choosing a pricing plan. The 50 orders are meant to be test orders.

The way these people do it on Fiverr is they create a development page and give it to the client so they can start editing themselves or in this case - you. You should know that this only works if you haven't used a Shopify trial on that domain.

You can DM me with what you're looking for and I will help.
Now that you've explained it , I'm worried customers won't be able to go through checkout in this kind of store so I think I'll just go for a 14 days trial
Thanks anyway

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Now that you've explained it , I'm worried customers won't be able to go through checkout in this kind of store so I think I'll just go for a 14 days trial
Thanks anyway
Exactly! And I don't think anybody should be paying for these loophole shops. The shop still stays tied to the creator until the development is "done" and you purchase a plan so they transfer ownership.

Just go with the 14 days trial, it is plenty of time to create a store because the process is not that hard (or pay someone to do it, if you have a bigger budget). And after that you can invest in the lowest priced plan for starters, so you can test the shop in the real world. I believe that is $30 per month.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom