The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to get off script!

JFernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jun 10, 2018
Hi fastlaners! With permission from my significant other to use her laptop, I felt like I had to share little bit of my day today.

Rewinding a few hours, my family and I were at the family day event for correction officers at Riker's, where water dunking, barbecue and child friendly fun was being had by everyone. As a new recruit getting ready to graduate soon I'm on the fast track to the slowlane, we're talking about $50k upon graduation to nearly six figures in five and half years. Retirement is twenty two years for which I can then live off my pension for the rest of my life. Aside from reservations in regards to prison, overall, everyone close to me are very proud of what I'm accomplishing. Everyone except me.

I'm freaking thirty. While twenty two is much shorter time span than most in the corporate world, chances are after a job from law enforcement, I won't be enjoying my retirement for that much longer at fifty two. Statistics show that and much worse.

I don't want that. Without discrediting any here who came from or are in law enforcement because they provide a tremendous service to society, I have to believe I have something else to offer to the world and I desire to be there for my growing family. I need to switch lanes.

Enter the fastlane. My motivations to become an entrepreneur are clear: I want to be there for when my child grows up, not twenty plus years later. I want my mother to never have to work again, at her age she is still working. I want to say to my wife, "You don't have to work anymore babe, let's go on vacation instead". I want to be able to say that I created something, a business, that made a difference in other people's lives. I don't want to be told when to eat, when to crap, when to report for work or anything else that is just soul crushing. And lastly, I want to retire in less than ten years, not twenty two.

I've read the Millionaire Fastlane . Twice. Read Unscripted in about a week. I have several ideas for businesses that only need financial resources and execution. I know my weaknesses, analysis paralysis being a major one, however, me typing this here is just one of many little steps in keeping myself accountable for the time I'm using to reach my goals.

To MJ DeMarco and other fastlaners: I look forward to hearing from you and your progress. As for me, I'm looking forward from making the transition of just paying bills and making a dying to making a living.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome JF! Appreciate the intro. Congrats on the job, hopefully it won't suffocate the Unscripted plan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...