• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Time to get off script!

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by JFernandez, Jun 16, 2018.

1. JFernandez

JFernandez New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $51
    Hi fastlaners! With permission from my significant other to use her laptop, I felt like I had to share little bit of my day today.

Rewinding a few hours, my family and I were at the family day event for correction officers at Riker's, where water dunking, barbecue and child friendly fun was being had by everyone. As a new recruit getting ready to graduate soon I'm on the fast track to the slowlane, we're talking about $50k upon graduation to nearly six figures in five and half years. Retirement is twenty two years for which I can then live off my pension for the rest of my life. Aside from reservations in regards to prison, overall, everyone close to me are very proud of what I'm accomplishing. Everyone except me.

I'm freaking thirty. While twenty two is much shorter time span than most in the corporate world, chances are after a job from law enforcement, I won't be enjoying my retirement for that much longer at fifty two. Statistics show that and much worse.

I don't want that. Without discrediting any here who came from or are in law enforcement because they provide a tremendous service to society, I have to believe I have something else to offer to the world and I desire to be there for my growing family. I need to switch lanes.

Enter the fastlane. My motivations to become an entrepreneur are clear: I want to be there for when my child grows up, not twenty plus years later. I want my mother to never have to work again, at her age she is still working. I want to say to my wife, "You don't have to work anymore babe, let's go on vacation instead". I want to be able to say that I created something, a business, that made a difference in other people's lives. I don't want to be told when to eat, when to crap, when to report for work or anything else that is just soul crushing. And lastly, I want to retire in less than ten years, not twenty two.

I've read the Millionaire Fastlane. Twice. Read Unscripted in about a week. I have several ideas for businesses that only need financial resources and execution. I know my weaknesses, analysis paralysis being a major one, however, me typing this here is just one of many little steps in keeping myself accountable for the time I'm using to reach my goals.

To MJ DeMarco and other fastlaners: I look forward to hearing from you and your progress. As for me, I'm looking forward from making the transition of just paying bills and making a dying to making a living.

Galaxy16, lowtek, MJ DeMarco and 3 others like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,721
    Admin Post
    Welcome JF! Appreciate the intro. Congrats on the job, hopefully it won't suffocate the Unscripted plan.

Galaxy16 likes this.
  3. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,358
    Welcome aboard. Your self awareness will serve you well in the journey.

Galaxy16 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.