The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Best Way To Put £25,000 To Work

Anything related to investing, including crypto

AdamB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Aug 1, 2019
Scotland
Those of you from the UK will be aware (or should be) that the UK government are offering 100% government-backed bounce back loans of up to £50,000 for limited companies up to a maximum of 25% of their revenue. The loans are being offered through high street banks and they are falling over each other eagerly trying to lend money to people. Why wouldn't they? It's 100% government-backed, after all.

The loans are 2.5% interest per annum and the government cover your first year's interest for you as an upfront payment direct to the bank that you lend from. On top of this, you don't have to repay any capital for the first 12 months. I've heard many stories of people applying for £50k at 5pm and waking up to find it in their bank at 8am the next morning. No checks on the revenue figures you provide and no credit checks on either you as a director, or the on company itself.

So year 1 - no payments.
Years 2-6 capital repayment plus 2.5% interest.

I thought this might make for a good discussion.

What would you do with £25-50k to get a return on the money greater than the interest being charged? Surely it's a no brainer to take the money and put it to work?

Discuss!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
What would you do with £25-50k to get a return on the money greater than the interest being charged? Surely it's a no brainer to take the money and put it to work?
Invest in my business
Simply because we're businessmen & we think that doing our particular venture offers the greatest return.
Otherwise we'd be doing other forms of investments.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I got one of those loans. About £25k. Used it to consolidate some debts.
Have about £10k left.

It was a sweet deal. Apply if you qualify for it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.