The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The absolute beginner!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
I joyned this forum eight days ago to find similar experiences about two projects that I wanted to start (blog and boardgame) but after further consideration I changed my mind, not because I think they are bad but they were inside my comfort zone and I'm willing to start something from scratch. Moreover I want something less localized, a field opens to more opportunities, something that can be a big hit!

Well, for several reasons my choice is: learning to code.

Trying to understand which kind of language was better for me, I selected first in which fields I want to be good in the future: financial analytics, machine learnings, AI, data science. Of course I won't be able to learn all of them but I will reserve my final decision later, when my knowledge will be better and more suited for a sound analysis.

So, yesterday night I started my Python course (on Cousera) and I'm willing to do weekly update about my progress.

After to have changed my enviroment (I really like where I live now) starting a fitness program, now it is time to change my job.
I never coded, I'm not young, but I will learn this thing in any case.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
I joyned this forum eight days ago to find similar experiences about two projects that I wanted to start (blog and boardgame) but after further consideration I changed my mind, not because I think they are bad but they were inside my comfort zone and I'm willing to start something from scratch. Moreover I want something less localized, a field opens to more opportunities, something that can be a big hit!

Well, for several reasons my choice is: learning to code.

Trying to understand which kind of language was better for me, I selected first in which fields I want to be good in the future: financial analytics, machine learnings, AI, data science. Of course I won't be able to learn all of them but I will reserve my final decision later, when my knowledge will be better and more suited for a sound analysis.

So, yesterday night I started my Python course (on Cousera) and I'm willing to do weekly update about my progress.

After to have changed my enviroment (I really like where I live now) starting a fitness program, now it is time to change my job.
I never coded, I'm not young, but I will learn this thing in any case.

As a long-time self-taught software developer, welcome to the club! If you find programming interesting, and you are good at it, then you've unlocked a super power that will give you the ability to have efficiency gains that will blow your mind.

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
As a long-time self-taught software developer, welcome to the club! If you find programming interesting, and you are good at it, then you've unlocked a super power that will give you the ability to have efficiency gains that will blow your mind.

Thanks for your words, I agree that it will boost my problem solving skills.
Btw, I enrolled in another course about learning, it explains how our brain works and which strategies are better in the learning process, really really interesting.

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
I'd recommend you to start learning how to code only if you have a problem to solve. You should act on a problem basis.

Anyway, best of luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
I'd recommend you to start learning how to code only if you have a problem to solve. You should act on a problem basis.

Anyway, best of luck!

I have a couple of ideas in my mind but they are still in the embryonic development, at the moment I just want to acquire the needed skills.
Sure you can always hire someone for your projects, but my plan is to have a full control/knowledge of my future business.

Thanks!

AlessandroD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 20, 2020
Italy
Well, I am here again after a year and half from the previous post.

I have to say that this time passed has been amazing, I think to be a champion of procastination!
All my projects got derailed after the first issues, no learning code, no blog about chess, no designing a boardgame, nothing, nada, niet, nisba.

Needless to say my life has not changed that much, same actions same outcomes, I was stucked in the perpetual "I am waiting for ..." condition.

Why I was? Because this pandemic disaster, at least, opened my eyes about what I don't want to really do anymore, in the last two months I am working at home and I have simply discovered that I love to spend my time in the garden instead in a building, have lunch with my family and not with my office colleagues, enjoying my personal dress (naked with just my boxer shorts), right after the end of the working day being able to read, study or whatever.
I know that it sounds stupid, and it is, because is so obvious, but living those moments instead that just imagine them, well...made all the difference for me.
Exit the day by day routine and feeling what you can do just with so few time recovered has been a brain wash, the hammock is stil the same than the previous year but I am having greater enjoyment when laying down on it.

Not sure if I have had a FTE moment (using the MJ DeMarco's words) because no big health issues so far, we still have our jobs, our kids are fine, it is just like some mind screen disappeared, you know that something is wrong but knowing without full awareness it is like to know nothing.

My change has started with my weight, yes another silly obviousness that fat is bad, and now after almost two months I lost 11 kilos, not a so great achievement but still a good result for me.
In the past I used to write to do list for almost everything and give me various targets, and when an obstacle showed up all my plans end in nothing, then I told myself that next week I will try again with a better to do list, next month I will change goal, and so on.
This time my strategy has been just to do something every day, doesn't matter how big or small is what I am doing. I don't care if something gone wrong during the day anymore, I don't have to reach a target, I am just enyoing the process, I am starting to understand that a change, even if it means to give up on something, is pleasant.
Then I have added an online course about learning (the very same course that I never concluded 1,5 years ago) and after two weeks I don't have miss a single study lesson, even if it was only 20 minutes long, again no fixed target to follow but just willing to study every day something.

Feeling a real behaviour change this time, few days ago I bought the new MJ DeMarco's book (not sure what kind of new stuff can be included respect the others two) and I am willing to put into practice his advices trying to create something from scratch.
Which business? I still don't know what I will do yet, after to have finished the book something will come up, if not I will read this forum, now my new philosophy is just to do something every day towards the financial independence, enjoing the process and avoiding to follow a fixed target.

Wow, a lenghty post indeed, this is my declaration of intent for the future, time will tell if effective actions will follow!

Cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.