The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Texas Franchise Tax Question

Taxes and regulation

I_35_Traffic_Jam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 22, 2020
United States
Hello -

I just created a new Texas LLC and have a few questions about the upcoming franchise tax deadline. If someone could answer the below, that would be great:

1. I created my llc in February (registered it with the SoS) and it has a Jan-Dec fiscal year. As my llc wasn’t active in 2019, do I even need to file a franchise tax form?
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a registered agent to fill out the form vs filing it myself?
  3. For the address on the form, should I use the registered agent (physical address) or a PO Box (mailing address)?

Thank you and hope everyone is staying safe and Coronavirus free :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hello -

I just created a new Texas LLC and have a few questions about the upcoming franchise tax deadline. If someone could answer the below, that would be great:

1. I created my llc in February (registered it with the SoS) and it has a Jan-Dec fiscal year. As my llc wasn’t active in 2019, do I even need to file a franchise tax form?
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a registered agent to fill out the form vs filing it myself?
  3. For the address on the form, should I use the registered agent (physical address) or a PO Box (mailing address)?

Thank you and hope everyone is staying safe and Coronavirus free :)

Don’t worry about it until next year ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.