The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Temp job that can pay decently?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

pinghong3

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 22, 2021
Hi all,

First post in this forum, not sure if this is going to be a stupid question..

I have started a business a few months back, but had to pay off quite a bit of bills recently due to some personal issues at home. Not planning to give up on my dreams and business, but reality hit me recently that I am probably going to run out of money in 1-2 months time.. The stress started to kick in quite badly recently. I can sacrifice a lot of stuff and suffer some hardships, but I am worried about my wife.

I was thinking that I should probably get a temp job in the meantime to get some cashflow first.. Does anyone has an idea of a tough, physical job that can pay the bills temporarily? I used to work in a corporate office, but it sucked a lot of time from me and I didn't have any excess time for my business.. Not thinking along the lines of Uber etc, as it would require me to rent a car which will incur more fixed costs..

Appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
The more remote the job the higher demand and pay you can expect.
Think working on a ship in the alaskan waters or somewhere in the middle of the north dakota oil fields. Granted some of those jobs require certifications, and some might be affected by modern day economic standings.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi all,

I have started a business a few months back, but had to pay off quite a bit of bills recently due to some personal issues at home. Not planning to give up on my dreams and business, but reality hit me recently that I am probably going to run out of money in 1-2 months time.. The stress started to kick in quite badly recently. I can sacrifice a lot of stuff and suffer some hardships, but I am worried about my wife.

I was thinking that I should probably get a temp job in the meantime to get some cashflow first.. Does anyone has an idea of a tough, physical job that can pay the bills temporarily? I used to work in a corporate office, but it sucked a lot of time from me and I didn't have any excess time for my business.. Not thinking along the lines of Uber etc, as it would require me to rent a car which will incur more fixed costs..

It is very country/location specific.

In my place grab food is booming. You can literally buy a cheap bicycle, switch on the app and take orders.

tajolad009

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria Osogbo
Hi all,

Your country and economic activities will answer your question.you can think about that base on your environment

pinghong3

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 22, 2021
Thanks all for the various suggestions.. Have managed to secure some cash for now, can sustain for a period of time..

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
I pay $17 up to $21 an hour to mow lawns. Anyone in washington state need a job???
Shoot anyone in Washington who are still on MJ’s first step to financial freedom (specialized labor ) SHOULD take this offer! That’s as much as I got paid as a supervisor for a high-end apparel store.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Uber's a tough physical job?
I bet you think Manual Labor is a Mexican holiday.
You youngsters....
Haha understand it is mostly a young person thing, BUT let’s rephrase as young & LAZY. Gives the rest of us hungry youngsters a bad image.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Location/country? Can't answer without that...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Oops sorry, curently based in Singapore..
Grab delivery, tuition teacher...

You can ride a bicycle for grab delivery. On the app to wait for the order. Off the app when you are not available.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.