• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Progress Thread Taking first steps in Ecommerce

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by NewManRising, Dec 5, 2017.

1. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $529
    Hi Everyone,

So I have decided to bite the bullet and get moving on starting up an ecommerce business. The products I am focusing on are food. The good thing is, I posted my idea for some foods in a diet/health forum and people not only were interested in my food products but were giving me a bunch of suggestions and flavors for things. So, I contacted a few manufacturers. Two were unsuccessful as one said they are taking no more orders and the other was a large quanity for a minimum order. This other one I contacted can make the goods I want but their minimum is kind of high too but not too much. I am going to be talking to them by phone this Friday. I also want to reach out to more manufacturers. There is a few problems though:

1. I don't have all the money yet to place the order. I have been trying to raise money but it is not fast enough.
    2. Once I place and order I don't even know what to do next. I feel like I am getting ahead of myself. I don't know how to market it, set up a website, the process of branding and designing a logo. Basically, everything you need to get started. All I know is the product I want and a manufacturer who can make it.

2. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $529
    Today I contacted more manufactures with more ideas on food. The person I am speaking with on Friday I don't feel too good about. It seems there is not much flexibility. And, the cost for manufacturing, testing, wrappers, shipping, fees, and possibly some advertising is much higher than I want to spend. I am thinking there would not be much profit margin. I am going to discuss this with the manufacturer because their pricing seems kind of high for me. I feel good about this niche and will stick with it. I have been raising some money too.