The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stay home is a lifestyle change

Anything related to matters of the mind

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
Due to all the stay home, it is totally changing my lifestyle, for the worse, and now for the better.

When the quarantine started, I struggled. I especially disliked going back to fapping due to staying home.

The first change I made was to start learning to sleep early. I set my sleep reminder to 11:30, then 11, now 10:30. Granted I still end up sleeping at 11 or 12 it is much better than my previous which is randomly between 12 to 2. I also wake up at 6:30, sometimes to bird chirps. I know this isn't much but for someone that was think waking up at 8 is early, it is a big change. And the weekly 2 or 3am nights are gone. I get lots of emails done between 7am and 9am. Unfortunately I still can't get my daily 15 minutes of meditation going well, this is much works in progress since a year ago.

I also sulked that gym is closed. Now I really enjoy getting out to exercise at early evening when I am done with all my work. Hitting the tracks at 6pm and getting home at 7 to prepare dinner. The feeling is great! I am actually really worried how I can keep this lifestyle when normalcy resumes, I can't really get off work at 5pm, not everyday! And all the socializing and drinking after work, how do I mix all these with the sleep early and exercise in evening regime. How do you guys do it, for those that have a disciplined life.

Thank you for listening.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I also sulked that gym is closed. Now I really enjoy getting out to exercise at early evening when I am done with all my work. Hitting the tracks at 6pm and getting home at 7 to prepare dinner. The feeling is great! I am actually really worried how I can keep this lifestyle when normalcy resumes, I can't really get off work at 5pm, not everyday! And all the socializing and drinking after work, how do I mix all these with the sleep early and exercise in evening regime. How do you guys do it, for those that have a disciplined life.

Thank you for listening.

For me it's come down to priorities and identity.

I value my health and my actions are in line with that value. I schedule my workouts on my calendar and treat it like I treat any meeting I have.

I don't drink and socialize - for fun - everyday. I do it once or twice a week after 5pm. I like to eat lunch with someone, that take care of it.

I approach sleep the same way. It is up there as a priority for me. And so I make sure I get a good amount everyday. Some times life gets in the way and I don't. But those are exceptions.

It goes down to just doing it. If it is truly important for you, you will make time for them and it will be your normalcy.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Unfortunately I still can't get my daily 15 minutes of meditation going well, this is much works in progress since a year ago.
How come? It's the easiest thing in the world, almost.
1. You sit your a$$ down.
2. You wait for 15 minutes.
3. And then you get back up.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
It's > 30 days of "sleep early wake up early".

I don't need an alarm clock to wake myself up, I pull the blinds open at night and when the sun starts coming up at 6ish I wake up naturally. It feels really good!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.