The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Starting Time

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV
Hello FLF

Getting ready here to start a journey building my fastlane. I have a few ideas on what I want to do, but cannot decide between them. It is going to be tricky as a father of 3 and I recently started a new job after my previous industry (selling wine on the LV Strip) got CORONAED. This situation of spending nearly all of 2020 theoretically unemployed (I was getting a paycheck until Q4 when I was laid off).

Through misfortune, I am coming across seed money to start a business (fastlane) and do not want to squander it. Being able to focus is tough as mentioned above. I'm putting myself out there to see what sort of advice I can find on keeping with it and progressing through the options I have on which project to pursue.

Thanks
MiV

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

random_9492

Contributor
Jan 2, 2021
Hello FLF

Getting ready here to start a journey building my fastlane. I have a few ideas on what I want to do, but cannot decide between them. It is going to be tricky as a father of 3 and I recently started a new job after my previous industry (selling wine on the LV Strip) got CORONAED. This situation of spending nearly all of 2020 theoretically unemployed (I was getting a paycheck until Q4 when I was laid off).

Through misfortune, I am coming across seed money to start a business (fastlane) and do not want to squander it. Being able to focus is tough as mentioned above. I'm putting myself out there to see what sort of advice I can find on keeping with it and progressing through the options I have on which project to pursue.

Thanks
MiV
All the best! It's going to be tough as a father of 3, but it's worth it when you get the results.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
There's a tendency among those new to entrepreneurship to think you need seed money to get going. This is a fallacy. The odds are high you are going to squander that money, simply because you don't know what you're doing.

Your best bet is to start with a service you can provide. Sales is a portable and in demand skill. Start there. The cost is zero and therefore it's all upside. Keep the seed money as runway for living expenses.

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV
There's a tendency among those new to entrepreneurship to think you need seed money to get going. This is a fallacy. The odds are high you are going to squander that money, simply because you don't know what you're doing.

Your best bet is to start with a service you can provide. Sales is a portable and in demand skill. Start there. The cost is zero and therefore it's all upside. Keep the seed money as runway for living expenses.
Thanks for the advice! I'm thinking of a physical product and have been down the road before and found myself needing money for small things like webspace/design and ads on social. It's not much and yes that money is needed for living expenses, its all the budget. The good thing is that sales is not something I'm scared of, the hardest thing for me is putting myself out there.

I will keep that in mind as this progresses.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any scholarship programs for those who can't afford the course? Broke but need this course :)...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads