The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

'Slowlaners' make great customers

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
YES, if your product helps them save a buck or earn more on their job (e.g. education and sales training)

Luxury goods....maybe not. These are the same folks who want to toss out the Starbucks to save that measely $5 after all! :p

As an ex-Slowlaner myself, that's not to say they won't spend on expensive stuff like big dinners and cars. On a birthday or festive season, they'll splurge. So if pays to have a series of products ready for the festive seasons (and the margins to test them).

I've been spotting a few strange promotions in regular retail stores these few days though. I saw a banner for school clothes saying' LOCKED PRICE'. It seems that it means that the price will stay as it is for an extremely long period of time. I guess that it caters to price-comparing folks (Slowlaners) who are afraid that one slight change by a few cents would upset their life plans hahaha.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Let's face it - it's the only reason industries like weight loss, guru courses etc exist.

People are lazy and looking for the next big shiny object.
Without looking at the Dark Side of the Force, I try to see the guru courses and weight loss industries as a positive way to save people SOME time in mastering things and solving problems while avoiding some needless mistakes.

Unfortunately, the folks want something that saves ALL, 100% of their time....

Speaking of big shiny objects, a peek at today's TFLF newsfeed has me:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum