The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I learn spending medium-long term time, or pay for it and not risking my time?

ZephFireblood

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2020
Venezuela
Hello, this is my first thread on this forum, read Fastlane Millionaire a few months back and started the way of enterpreneurship, I've traced my action plan on a project I've wondered around since a while.

The thing is... I've found a problem, and I've found an open source program in Java that can provide a solution to it (as a part of my entire fastlane plan), but I have a very small knowledge about Java coding, and yeah, I can learn Java and take time to create the program without spending anything more than my time, but the thing that slows me down is that I don't know if spending months maybe to a year in learning Java I'll be able to do what I want, and/or discovering that I needed to know something really basic to do what I wanted to do and that I just throw that time to trash, thing that maybe can be avoided by paying someone to help me out with it.

The most reasonable answer obviously is that I should learn since is a time invest in myself, but I don't have any guarantees if that's going to help me out on what I want to do, my "fear" in this case is spending time in something that maybe won't help me out.

Some clarification about what concerns me and makes harder the choice for myself.

1. I've always prefered to learn over to pay for it, what's the point of paying for something (generally) easy when you can do it for yourself. It's more of a spectrum of choices but I preffer, generally, to learn over pay.
2. I live in Venezuela, a country with a very bad economic situation where the payment by monthly salary in a regular job is less than 2usd a month. Since a while I started to work out a side freelancer business that helps me out with it but right now is quite limited since I'm not still fully operational.
3. In a few months I'll be back at college and haven't really organized myself between all this responsabilities for myself.

I don't know if this is in the right forum of the website or should be changed, and sorry if I miss something since my english is not that awesome.

Thanks for reading, thanks in advice for your suggestions and have a good day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.