The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I become a partner?

terrordread

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 26, 2020
I've been asked if I want to buy a third of the business I currently work for. I joined shortly after the company was started and there are just 3 of us at the moment working on it full time. If I buy in, it would be an even third equity owned per partner. I'd take the same pay as I currently do which again is the same for the 3 of us.

I'm not sure how to go about valuing the business in order to put a number forward to the 2 who are currently running it.

I do have access to the financial info of the business, value of assets owned, revenue, etc.

What's the best way to figure out a third of the business's worth?

A few other relevant points:

1. The two others involved full time are a married couple which I'm aware could become problematic when the three of us come to decision making.
  2. I will need to take out a loan to buy equity.
  3. It isn't fast lane but more than covers my cost of living while affording me enough time to work on my fastlane idea alongside.

Any advice or recommendations for resources from the community would be brilliant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.