The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Schadenfreude Isn't a Bad Thing, Right?

KDunleavy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 5, 2020
UK
Hi, I'm new and I just wanna kind of write down my thoughts, mainly so I can look back on it later but also so I can see what other entrepreneurs and people way more experienced than me think of what I'm doing.

Some background for anyone still reading: my entire life I've watched my dad battle through his own business ventures, from coffee to events planning to exercise bike Scalextric sets, he's tried every idea he's had. This man has taken some of the most niche things I've ever seen and made them profitable, and I have so much respect for his effort and determination. Annoyingly though, he does what he loves, so my trust fund is non-existent and I have to make the family riches myself.

I've had this idea for a kind of booking platform floating around in my head and after some "market research" (10 minutes on google) there didn't seem to be anyone else doing it, and that kind of scared me. Like, surely someone somewhere would've had the idea already, and this fear for weeks has been putting me off doing anything for weeks now. And then today I realised; when I did that first google search I was searching as someone looking for competition rather than someone looking for a service. After a better googling session, I found 4 other websites doing the thing I wanted to do and I was thrilled, it was as if everything clicked into place.

These websites actually had traffic, there was a market! And, they weren't doing nearly as much as I was planning to do, and the best, slightly unethical bit of all? All of them are losing money due to the entirety of culture in Europe at a standstill, and by the time I've sorted my own website out, things should be back to normal. Schadenfreude is a wonderful thing.

I still have a long way to go, I have to figure out web development and marketing and other general business stuff (though judging from some of the posts on this forum I have a feeling some people here can lend a hand there) but I'm optimistic.

I decided to write this while I'm still high from my discovery so that people can point out the massive pitfalls that I'm probably ignoring so please do tell me if I'm dreaming, any feedback is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...