The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Providing Value for Life, Let's Go!

Polisher

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
650%
Nov 17, 2016
UK
Hello!

I'm Benjamin, 19 year old from the UK. I joined this forum about a year ago (but I've been a lurker for much longer). Read TMF when I was 16. I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur then, but only recently have I had a shift in my attitude. You see, when I joined I viewed the Fastlane as a lottery ticket.

"I'll start a business, and in 3 years time I'll be rich! I'll never have to work again. Of course I'll provide value too but mainly, I'll be rich!" I thought to myself.

Having no life experience, no money and living with my parents I got a job. Polishing glasses and cutlery for £7 an hour. I hated at first. It was 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. There seemed to always be more work to do no matter what! But after a while, I got good at it. I took more responsibility, and every day I got the work done quicker and left the place more tidy. My social anxiety melted away, my work ethic grew, but most of all my self-confidence was through the roof. They put me on some shifts as a server and as a receptionist too, so I gained even more skills.

There was a long time I genuinely loved my work. But eventually I got fed up, and after nearly 2 years I quit. I'd saved up 12k, so I went and travelled around the US for a month. Came back and F*cked around for a few months, not doing much at all. But one day I was reading something and I realised I'd looked at business, and life, the wrong way. Helping people isn't some "necessary evil" to get rich. Its the whole point of life. It's one of the best things I can do.

I know that doesn't seem like much of an epiphany. But now I feel like I understand things on a deeper level. The journey is the reward, not the money at the end of it. The way I see it now, as long as I help people my whole life, I'm successful. So working a job that genuinely helps people is good, as long as I don't stay there forever. And entrepreneurship - well that's the best way to provide as much value as possible. In short, I'm less entitled than I was!

So I'm moving out of my parents place and renting a flat (with my girlfriend). I'm starting a new job in sales (cold calling, selling insurance). I just finished the "Gary Halbert 30 day Challenge", and I've set up a Fiverr account for copywriting. I've also read Joe Cassandra's website so I might ditch Fiverr and try reach clients directly. I'm also looking at NLP courses cause I know it will help me in business and in general.

My plan is to stay at this job for a year and build my sales skills up, while working on my business ventures in my spare time. I know I've got a loooong way to go but I feel I'm on the right track now. As long as I keep helping people and solving problems, I'm already a success. I'll worry about the money when I have it!

I hope I can give value to this forum, like so many of you guys have for me! Sorry for the massive post haha, but thanks for reading it all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Having no life experience, no money and living with my parents I got a job. Polishing glasses and cutlery for £7 an hour. I hated at first. It was 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. There seemed to always be more work to do no matter what! But after a while, I got good at it. I took more responsibility, and every day I got the work done quicker and left the place more tidy. My social anxiety melted away, my work ethic grew, but most of all my self-confidence was through the roof. They put me on some shifts as a server and as a receptionist too, so I gained even more skills.

Yes, a job can be incredibly valuable! And you still can be an entrepreneur!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great intro.

Frosting

Expansion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 14, 2017
I used to do B2B cold-calling when I was a student, and I made decent money from it. I think I read an article online about cold-calling that helped when I first started out, I'm sure there's more info about it out there now. Cold-calling can really improve your confidence and your sales mojo, and can lead to other jobs/prospects. A job definitely helps open your eyes to problems and ways of helping people out. Good luck! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...