The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress & Plan

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Since reading Unscripted at the end of last year I have been hooked. It just made so much sense in my mind.
I have a big advantage of lots of high level business experience since I was quite young (I am 30 now). But I do have quite a major against me, and that is my health. I had major cancer treatment in 2017 (8 hour operation + chemo), and the last 12 months I have been going steadily downhill again. At the start of this month the Professor treating me thinks the cancer has come back, so I am in for another major operation next month.
That being said, since reading Unscripted I jumped on a few different courses on Udemy and can now make a not too bad website (HTML + CSS), and am now working through JS. I haven't felt this way in quite a while, even though feeling quite crook, 2 months ago I couldn't even code "Hello World"!
Currently I am a partner in a medium sized business with my brothers and father (Far from Unscripted , and violates quite a few of the CENTS commandments). That being said, I have enough equity to live quite comfortably for 12 months without working a day, and even after that I have options.
So my plan going forward is to get this wretched operation over with, and then focus 100% on learning to code - with a very specific end goal (project) in view. Best case scenario I end up with a business that scores high on the CENTS scale, and dont need to worry about having to work every single day even when not feeling good. Worst case scenario I end up at the end of the 12 months with lots of experience coding and a few example projects under my belt to start working as a freelancer. Either way I want out with the current business I am in.
One of my issues is that I have have so so many business ideas just pouring out of my head, but I have done alot of research on a particular project and all my coding training is aligned with what I need to know to make it a reality.
Thanks everyone for the awesome value some bring to this forum, I have never seen anything like it.
Cheers!
The Spartan runnaboi

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.