The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process Thread: Web Project

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Hello there,

after my gyms are now closed for the next few weeks, I decided to focus my free time 100% on my project. And that I make a real commitment, I will plan to make now and then a few post about my progress.

My goal is it to become s established Website and brand for the niche pest control.

After a few days of brainstorming I found out that the SEO difficulty on pest control is very low, also is the market is very untapped right now.
I came up with pest control by just simply listing all services that i now, afterwords I looked up the niches to see if there was the chance to established myself with a website.

My basic plan is that I go "online" on 1.1.2022

-I want to invest $400 monthly in around 4 written texts from Freelancer
-I want to write myself each week a text
-I will write about one sup niche after another

My basic plan of monetizing is
-Offering a service of finding a pest control service for the costumer (B2C Leads)
-Promoting products tough affiliate of my websites and via Email marketing

Currently, I make the research for my Email.pdf

I learned for myself that I'm more "motivated" when I do just one small task after another.
Then, when I have "writing the Email hook and setting it up" on my daily to-do list, I get lost in where I could start.

See ya fellas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
New week, new post :D

So last week I spent the most time testing and setting up the basic things for my Website.

-Createt Social Profils so that I have these Basic backlinks
-Buyed a monthly service which provides me with the latest version for the Terms of use etc. in my country
-I set up the basic pages like Home, blog and a product review page
(I got inspired from a competitor, so I simply copied his page :D )
-Setting up tracking and cookies
-I wrote content plan for one niche (It will take me around 11 months to finish the first niche)
-I set up a email provider to find out it's against the "rules" to den personal data from eu to us

Things that I want to do.
-Finish the PDF for the Email campaign
-Setting up the Email campaign
-Write my first Text for the project
-Find the first Freelancer for this project

That's for this week, see ya next week

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
I forgot something

I'm not sure how willing people are to buy the stuff online. So I looked up some eBay products about rat falls.
I found out that two are currently sourcing their products via Alibaba.

I calculated that you can have a 50% profit margins around. The monthly sales are around 100, so it's a good starting point.

I thought about managing the shipping via Amazon FBA and building so a small ecom business.
But that's an object for a another month

Then there are just 1 or 2 competitors in the market. And none of them really use SEO as marketing.

So the way to go could be building an Affiliate site and transforming it to Ecom business to higher the profit margins.
Sadly the only way to really scale is to expand in other country.

But one step after another.

So back to work :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
I will close my project with the pest control business.
I decided to go for the B2B business with selling leads.

Today I was thinking I should call some potential clients to get their feedback to the idea.

The feedback was more than bad, many other businesses scammed many people over the last years, so many didn't want to speak with me. There were some who were so friendly and talked with me, but they also had no interest in new clients, the there have already a good clients base.

My learning:
For god’s sake, the first step will be that i ask potential clients about the idea and find out if there is really a need.
I spend ad least 100 hours in my dumb time waste project.

What will I do now ?
I will go for the hunt for a new idea. There is the chance I will go with the same business model but just in another market. But for sure is that I will call some people in the first steps, so I get a better feeling about the costumers (or use another metrics to test the market).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.