The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Power generation by using unusable heat

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
I am an Indian physics graduate and I have been researching on my personal effort on a new kind of technology that can convert atmospheric heat into useful power/electricity and I have succeeded. It's actually a combination of a market available blower and a new kind of turbine that is the main part. The turbine has already been built and tested. A 1 meter diameter prototype can generate 3 kW output at 8 m/s wind. While a market available 1 meter diameter and just 50% efficient blower can generate 8 m/s airflow at the expense of just 500 W.
I am now looking for partnership to develop it further. Can anybody here help anyhow in this regards? I am requesting those who are interested to have some idea about the technology first and then decide. It's a new and disruptive technology so an investor certainly have full right to get necessary information about this technology.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
what are you looking for in a partner (not that I'm interested, just need you to figure some things out)
1. finance (someone to put money into it)
2. experience, manufacturing
3. experience, marketing
4. experience, networking (someone who knows people)

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
This. I need the finance for prototyping and testing. After prototyping and patent application filed, there wouldn't be big problem to market it. I know necessary resources.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
what are you looking for in a partner (not that I'm interested, just need you to figure some things out)
2. experience, manufacturing
3. experience, marketing
4. experience, networking (someone who knows people)
Can you help me in this regards?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
630%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You just said it converts 8m/s of wind into 3kw. That's wind energy, not heat.

Show us a video of your experiment and prototype. Make a video. Post it to youtube. Document the results. Show us, don't tell us.

Otherwise it's just bullshit.

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
You just said it converts 8m/s of wind into 3kw. That's wind energy, not heat.

Show us a video of your experiment and prototype. Make a video. Post it to youtube. Document the results. Show us, don't tell us.

Otherwise it's just bullshit.
Kindly note that the turbine prototype of 1 meter diameter can generate 3 kW output at 8 m/s wind velocity and a market available 1 meter diameter and just 50% efficient blower can generate 8 m/s flow at the expense of just 500 W. From where the extra energy comes from?
To get proper understanding of the technology, you need to have the details and as you have said, a video is also available. But, I will only show that to a prospective partner. If you want that to be, then kindly inbox me.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
You again?

If you were really a physics graduate, you would know that what you're claiming violates all kinds of physical laws.
What you're saying makes no sense. It's a perpetual motion machine: turning 1 kW of power into 3 kW. Obviously, you've either made a mistake somewhere or you're trying to scam someone.

Nobody is signing an NDA to see your mythical perpetual motion gadget. Provide all the details here and we'll judge for ourselves.

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
You again?

If you were really a physics graduate, you would know that what you're claiming violates all kinds of physical laws.
What you're saying makes no sense. It's a perpetual motion machine: turning 1 kW of power into 3 kW. Obviously, you've either made a mistake somewhere or you're trying to scam someone.

Nobody is signing an NDA to see your mythical perpetual motion gadget. Provide all the details here and we'll judge for ourselves.
It's tested. No point of mistake here. And signing an NDA will cost you just the postage charge, nothing else. Why are you so much reluctant to sign an NDA. It's a formality. And you want details without this simple formality? That's ridiculous.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
It's tested. No point of mistake here. And signing an NDA will cost you just the postage charge, nothing else. Why are you so much reluctant to sign an NDA. It's a formality. And you want details without this simple formality? That's ridiculous.

They have this thing, I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's called a scanner. It can be used to make a facsimile of a document. Then you can attach it to this new fangled thing called email, and send it anywhere in the world, at any time.

It's not the 1800s anymore. We don't have to send mail by horseback.

Postage. Get outta here with that.

peterb0yd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 30, 2019
I don't think you'll find an investor here.

You'll have better luck if you can get a face-to-face with someone that is currently working in the industry that has a physics background.

You're wasting your time here, though.

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
This turbine is a concentrated wind turbine and a paper on one such concentrated wind power system published on a renowned journal has been given below.
And here is one video on a type of concentrated wind power system. They claim that by concentrating the wind, they get 5-6 times more power than a conventional wind turbine.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xT9FbApY5E

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
They have this thing, I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's called a scanner. It can be used to make a facsimile of a document. Then you can attach it to this new fangled thing called email, and send it anywhere in the world, at any time.

It's not the 1800s anymore. We don't have to send mail by horseback.

Postage. Get outta here with that.
That too will be fine. But a signed NDA is a must. And if you want to understand the scientific principle behind the turbine, search google and youtube with "concentrated wind turbine" and you will tons of information.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
This turbine is a concentrated wind turbine and a paper on one such concentrated wind power system published on a renowned journal has been given below.
And here is one video on a type of concentrated wind power system. They claim that by concentrating the wind, they get 5-6 times more power than a conventional wind turbine.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xT9FbApY5E
Ok, so someone came up with a better design for a wind turbine. That's cool.

How does that get me to a perpetual motion machine where I can turn 0.5 kW of power into 3 kW?

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
How does that get me to a perpetual motion machine where I can turn 0.5 kW of power into 3 kW?
By using Venturi Effect just like the other concentrated wind power systems. I wouldn't say anything more than that here.

Last edited:

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Revl - you might have some cool technology. I don't know (nor do I care honestly)

But, this is not going to be the best forum to solicit funding.
Everyone will be skeptical (I think you can agree, that's a reasonable position to take on the internet), and most of us are not engineers.

I'd encourage you to go to your university, local trade associations, green energy groups, and show them your concept. They will sign NDAs for you (generally, fwiw, it's seen as a very 'low brow' move to demand someone sign an NDA - when I hear someone demand that... I usually walk away, I don't need what they are selling).

But, you'll find some people who could connect you with backers, funders, or just other people in the space.
Network the old fashioned way - build relationships.
If your product is awesome - people will recognize it right away, and you'll find supporters.

It will take time, energy and passion to show people. But, that's ok. That's part of business.

--
I think that would be a much better use of your time, than trying to convince some people you've never met, that your technology is the next best thing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
630%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I will gladly invest, kind sir. I only need you to provide your name, date of birth, SSN number, bank login information and your address so I can send you all of the money and we can get started building your genius machine of infinite power the world desperately needs.
:rofl:

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
Revl - you might have some cool technology. I don't know (nor do I care honestly)

But, this is not going to be the best forum to solicit funding.
Everyone will be skeptical (I think you can agree, that's a reasonable position to take on the internet), and most of us are not engineers.

I'd encourage you to go to your university, local trade associations, green energy groups, and show them your concept. They will sign NDAs for you (generally, fwiw, it's seen as a very 'low brow' move to demand someone sign an NDA - when I hear someone demand that... I usually walk away, I don't need what they are selling).

But, you'll find some people who could connect you with backers, funders, or just other people in the space.
Network the old fashioned way - build relationships.
If your product is awesome - people will recognize it right away, and you'll find supporters.

It will take time, energy and passion to show people. But, that's ok. That's part of business.

--
I think that would be a much better use of your time, than trying to convince some people you've never met, that your technology is the next best thing.
I have already talked with a few business people and they are well satisfied after seeing it. But, they need to build a regular infrastructure with all kinds of suppliers in place so that the machine can be built on demand. That means entering the full business phase.
And, by the way, all them gladly signed the NDA.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I have already talked with a few business people and they are well satisfied after seeing it. But, they need to build a regular infrastructure with all kinds of suppliers in place so that the machine can be built on demand. That means entering the full business phase.
And, by the way, all them gladly signed the NDA.
so... then why are you here? Wouldn't those people have contacts you could leverage?

None of this makes any sense.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
This. I need the finance for prototyping and testing. After prototyping and patent application filed, there wouldn't be big problem to market it. I know necessary resources.
And what's your prior business experience? I seen that you have a large and booming business in some type of manufacturing, how do you find the time to come up with new ideas?

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
I seen that you have a large and booming business in some type of manufacturing, how do you find the time to come up with new ideas?
Ideas automatically comes to me. I simply can't resist them. I don't know whether this is weakness or strength.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Ideas automatically comes to me. I simply can't resist them. I don't know whether this is weakness or strength.
And How is the pyrolysis business in the UK going? Is that connected in any way with your power generation machine? Or is that a totally separate business?

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
And How is the pyrolysis business in the UK going? Is that connected in any way with your power generation machine? Or is that a totally separate business?
Totally different. This technology is for generating electricity by using very low grade heat. And the pyrolysis technology is for converting hydrocarbon waste into useful fuel.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019
This technology is obsolete man. You can just mount a turbine on the top of your car and generate free energy while you drive. No need for special blowers.

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
This technology is obsolete man. You can just mount a turbine on the top of your car and generate free energy while you drive. No need for special blowers.
Good idea! But with that, only a car can be driven and a turbine fitted on the roof of a car will make it (the car) clumsy and unusable in many way. It will better be static and being rotated by a blower. And second point is, power consumption by a car is far higher than 3 kW. A turbine, that can match the power consumption level of the car will be as large as the car.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Good idea! But with that, only a car can be driven and a turbine fitted on the roof of a car will make it (the car) clumsy and unusable in many way. It will better be static and being rotated by a blower. And second point is, power consumption by a car is far higher than 3 kW. A turbine, that can match the power consumption level of the car will be as large as the car.
but, what would happen if you put a turbine on top of every delivery vehicle, they drive 1000's of miles, and they could power themselves?!

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
but, what would happen if you put a turbine on top of every delivery vehicle, they drive 1000's of miles, and they could power themselves?!
To power up a truck, the turbine need to bigger or at least at the same size of the truck. That may save fuel but will make the whole set up clumsy. In future, with further research, the size of the power generation systems can be diminished, but that will take time. Not possible with the present prototype.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you put a turbine on top of a car, you might get a little bit of energy back, but every power generation method operates at less than 100% efficiency.

So no, it wouldn’t provide unlimited energy.

Like @lowtek said, unless you just made the greatest discovery in human history, this is physically impossible.

Perpetual motion machines do not exist. (Unless you just discovered the greatest thing in human history, rewriting all of science forever, which I doubt)

Every method possible for generating energy loses some of that energy in the process.

RevI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 11, 2021
Every method possible for generating energy loses some of that energy in the process.
Being a student of physics, I know it long long ago. But, not only me, the concentrated wind turbine enthusiasts have made it possible. They were simply unable to understand that it can generate more energy from a airflow that that is needed to create the airflow artificially. And, instead of making remarks, the best way is having necessary information IMO. I will then produce the video to you.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Being a student of physics, I know it long long ago. But, not only me, the concentrated wind turbine enthusiasts have made it possible. They were simply unable to understand that it can generate more energy from a airflow that that is needed to create the airflow artificially. And, instead of making remarks, the best way is having necessary information IMO. I will then produce the video to you.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyQwgBAaBag&t=1070s

not exactly the same... you might find it interesting

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.