The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Ozz81

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Nov 28, 2017
Switzerland
Ok, sorry for the Stones' quote, but I couldn't resist!

Hi everybody! I'm Marco, 36 years old, I'm Italian and I live in Switzerland.

I grew up professionally in my family's company, focused on SaaS for the healthcare sector, which I ran since 2011, when my dad retired.

I used to work my a$$ off because that was what I was supposed to do, just like my father did, without any real reason or motivation.

I've experienced my first "F*ck you moment" when I was diagnosed with a serious health problem. That was the moment when I started asking myself questions about why I was doing it and I radically changed my priorities in life. I wanted to be free, I wanted to do only what I really enjoy, but I also knew that the world doesn't owe me a thing, so I needed to find a way to deserve that freedom. I knew my company was instrumental to achieve this goal. I just didn't know how.

A few years later I read TMF and everything became clear. It was everything I always felt and thought at a subconscious level. Reading it in such a clear, straightforward, well thought words made me yell "Yeah! That's it! That's what I wanted to say!".

I realised I was sitting on a Fastlane business: it nailed the Need (if you survive in the market for 30 years, probably you sell something useful for many), the Entry barrier was high and getting higher every year, I was in Control since my company owned the technology, Scale was part of the nature of the business (Software as a Service is probably the most scalable you can get). I only needed to introduce the Time rule and separate the company from myself.

I needed a few more large and long-lasting contracts and then I was sure that either one of the two would happen: 1- one of the big players would make me an offer to buy me out; or 2- I could attract some talented (and expensive) people to run the day-by-day and take a few steps back from managing the company.

A few months ago the first scenario happened and I happily sold the company for a (lower) 8-figure cash out!

Now I'm working on finding my way to implement Chapter 48 of the Unscripted book: the money system!

Thanks MJ for showing me the light! And thanks to my dear friend and business mentor Frank Merenda for introducing me to your book back in 2014!

I wish to you all a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ciao Marco! Wow, congratulation on your fastlane success! :smile:

I live in Germany, but I can see Switzerland from my window :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...