The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Physical Board Game vs App

HustlersAmbition

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 10, 2020
UK
I've had a quick idea this evening to create an educational/family board game general knowledge quiz with a particular educational idea. Schools would definitely be a better target customer for me than families since there are lots of them and they have enough money to buy one for every classroom (for example).

I have also thought about doing this in app format (I'm a programmer) but I just don't think it would have enough uptake from the target audience (children), whereas as a former teacher, I know it's something they would love to do in class with a physical copy.

What do people think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DeskWarrior

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 16, 2021
Arlington, TX
I've had a quick idea this evening to create an educational/family board game general knowledge quiz with a particular educational idea. Schools would definitely be a better target customer for me than families since there are lots of them and they have enough money to buy one for every classroom (for example).

I have also thought about doing this in app format (I'm a programmer) but I just don't think it would have enough uptake from the target audience (children), whereas as a former teacher, I know it's something they would love to do in class with a physical copy.

What do people think?
Do teachers/schools think they need this? The fact that you are a former teacher is great, but you're just a sample of one. I would run it by several teachers and administrators to see if they would be interested in buying it. Ask what format they would need it in. With COVID, it might need to be digital so it can be played remotely.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Well, if one option is an educational family (board) game, then try to make a couple or 5 samples and go from there. Shouldn't cost you too much and you can start testing asap.
You can always make the app as well, but that's probably a longer route. Maybe you can start one version (board game), and make another one (app) later so it's like a combo? If there's a need of course.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.