The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO me

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Do i start learning how to code now or should i try to find books first

• books

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • picturing the site i want to create

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shelton

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
hello my name is shelton louis I'm 23 years old and i work as a janitor at my Uncle James building. i normally watch lots of videos on drawing gaming and coding. i want to build a social media site but i cant find a way to compete with Instagram or any other site. i don't like to read but i do listen to self help books on the train I've listens to the 48 laws of power, the one thing, and the millionaire fastlane.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

WealthChaser

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2017
California
hello my name is shelton louis I'm 23 years old and i work as a janitor at my Uncle James building. i normally watch lots of videos on drawing gaming and coding. i want to build a social media site but i cant find a way to compete with Instagram or any other site. i don't like to read but i do listen to self help books on the train I've listens to the 48 laws of power, the one thing, and the millionaire fastlane.
Welcome to the Forum!

I think most of the community here would advise you to find a need first before you put the time into learning the necessary skills to complete that need. If you spend your time learning to code, you don't truly know your destination yet, so you could be wasting your time learning the wrong stuff. A new social media outlet would be great, but what would you offer that Facebook and MySpace are not? If you can answer that question, I'd say go for it! (Example, LinkedIn targets the working professional, etc.)

As far as learning code to make games, I would suggest you check out Phaser.io! I was making a poker training application not too long ago that used Phaser to render my game objects and do the logic. Totally free to learn and develop in! It is pretty heavy Javascript, so I would advise getting educated on Javascript before playing with Phaser, but not required.

I wish I had more for you, but I am in the same step as you are. Actually planning on writing an update to my progress thread tonight. The biggest take away from my time on the forum is think more about the needs out there for you to fill rather than the skills you don't have. Once you know the need to fill, it will paint a clearer map of what you will need to learn to get there.

All the best!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom