The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make someone else pay for a TESLA game

Conscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
Good evening everyone.

I've been driving the same Saturn Vue since 2005 when I bought it. It currently has 178k miles and I'm not sure how much longer the motor will last.

I would LOVE to get a Tesla model 3. I haven't had a car payment in many years. The thought of having a payment is painful. I know there are many creative minds on this forum that have been successful in many different disciplines.

Who has the most creative workable way to get someone else to pay for a Tesla? What business models would support this? I suppose Uber and Lyft would be candidates. Any others?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Build a business first. Then worry about the car you drive.

If the Saturn bites the dust there are any number of cars that get the job done for under 10k.

This kind of question is akin to get rich quick scheming. "How do I get a free tesla?"

How about you figure out how to afford one, and then, after you can, make the decision if you still want it.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

Here’s a creative way, buy a business instead of the car and use the businesses profit to pay for the car payment

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
use it as the drive and motivation to get off your a$$ and create value.
determine the cost. put a picture of it and cost on the wall. focus and work EVERY HOUR of EVERY DAY to make it happen. set a deadline. 120 days. you got this!

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Throughout Unscripted , and iterated again in the recent podcast he was in, MJ talks about controlling desires and wants as being essential to the fastlane plan. He said something to the effect that if he went out and bought 6 Lambos right away then that could possibly undermine the work he's done so far.

Controlling this desire is key. I would figure out why you suddenly want to go into debt for a Tesla Model 3 and identify that part of you that Elon Musk has successfully marketed to. Is it the trendiness? That straight-out-of-a-movie look? Something else?

If you're paying for functionality, that's one thing. That doesn't seem to be the case here though.

D

DeletedUser0287

Build a business first. Then worry about the car you drive.

If the Saturn bites the dust there are any number of cars that get the job done for under 10k.

This kind of question is akin to get rich quick scheming. "How do I get a free tesla?"

How about you figure out how to afford one, and then, after you can, make the decision if you still want it.

This, the answer to these types of questions are use the profit from a fastlane business to fund anything you want.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I personally appreciate having goals like that to motivate you on your journey.

You could try Robert Kiyosaki's "Porsche Economics" - purchase an investment (eg. apartment building) with your own cash, that provides cashflow / dividends large enough to purchase the toy you want (the Model 3), and in a few years time when all of the payments on the Model 3 are done, you still own the original asset throwing off cashflow.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Throughout Unscripted , and iterated again in the recent podcast he was in, MJ talks about controlling desires and wants as being essential to the fastlane plan. He said something to the effect that if he went out and bought 6 Lambos right away then that could possibly undermine the work he's done so far.

Controlling this desire is key. I would figure out why you suddenly want to go into debt for a Tesla Model 3 and identify that part of you that Elon Musk has successfully marketed to. Is it the trendiness? That straight-out-of-a-movie look? Something else?

If you're paying for functionality, that's one thing. That doesn't seem to be the case here though.

Good post. Self control over time makes your goals reality.

If you don't have the self control to take the incremental steps in the right direction you'll never get there.

I drove a relatively cheap Chevy Suburban exclusively until very recently. I am richer for it.

Last edited:

Conscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
Thank you for the replies everyone.
I almost feel like I was sternly reprimanded.
@S.Y. @1step I really appreciate the link to the other similar threads.
@Michael Burgess I've read that from kiyosaki. I didn't think of it until I read it again in your post.

I'm still new to the fastlane mindset and didn't think of a car as a "depreciating asset" I only though of it as a car. I'll go back to reading the great content on this forum and look for the right business idea for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.