The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Protoype/Manufacturing

thecocopod

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 17, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
I have my first invention ready for prototype.

CAD is ready. Money is ready.

So many plastic manufacturers out there. Any suggestions on where to find a company to make a series of prototypes with me to get ready for production?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Can you print it with a 3d printer? There are services that will do that for you

Trying to figure out what stage of development you are in and what you are hoping to accomplish with your prototype

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
You might consider
Proto Labs: 3D printing, CNC machining, and injection molding services
Though we haven't used them YET, we are planning to in the near future on a new product when we get some final CAD drawings done. I believe other members have used/recommended them in the past.

Plus, they are located domestically, which is a real asset.

Please update us on you progress!

Good luck!

thecocopod

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 17, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
You might consider
Proto Labs: 3D printing, CNC machining, and injection molding services
Though we haven't used them YET, we are planning to in the near future on a new product when we get some final CAD drawings done. I believe other members have used/recommended them in the past.

Plus, they are located domestically, which is a real asset.

Please update us on you progress!

Good luck!
Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thecocopod

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jan 17, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
Can you print it with a 3d printer? There are services that will do that for you

Trying to figure out what stage of development you are in and what you are hoping to accomplish with your prototype

I have the CAD drawing done. Need to make sure it's works or needs any tweaking. It has to actually be usable at this point to have people test it.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
You need a few more details before picking someone. Are you looking to have the product eventually manufactured in the U.S. or overseas? Would you prefer a prototyping partner close to home that you could work with by running to their shop for discussions and tweaks to the design or are you okay with phone calls, email, and teleconferencing/facetime? Are you just looking for prototypes at the moment or do you want to work with someone who will prototype it and produce it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.