The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

living in a tax payer hell for a country

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RandomDS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 5, 2023
ive been rapidly advancing in research and preparation for lauching my first standalone business on the web, but now have to face the looming shadow ive tried to ignore so far, the tax in finland is extremely high, and anything that hist more than 30 000 a year gets taxed from 36% all the way up to 55%

any advice or comforthing words?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
You are putting the cart before the horse. Reducing your taxes does not make you more money, it will only save money you have already earned. Focus should be to earn more first, at which point you will have more options available to you, including tax professionals.

Read up on VAT rules and make sure you understand them however.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Once you are making enough money then you’ll be able to afford to solve this problem. Until then focus on making enough money for this to even be a problem.

It may be a good idea to talk to a local accountant or something to see if there’s a better way to structure things from the start, but that will cost money and can be solved later too once you are making money.

For example my business was better set up inside a trust which I didn’t do at the start. It was easy enough to change it to that while revenue was still small, but enough to pay the fees to do so. If I waited until the company was worth a lot it could have been an issue doing that.

So yeah. Make some money. Use that money to set things up properly. Then when you are really making money you can start doing the fancy stuff.

Doing the fancy stuff at the start is just going to be expensive, time consuming and pointless.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
I'd research how others in your industry (of your size, but with decent profit) are doing things - that way you won't have to spend money on figuring it out yourself.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
This is not a problem. make some cash first, then try to optimize things.

Think about it this way, if you make USD 200K per month, does it suck to pay upwards of 100K per month in taxes? Of course. But with your net 100K per month, you can hire the best lawyer/accountant to help you reduce your future taxes.

The point is don't worry about that for now. Get your business going first.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
ive been rapidly advancing in research and preparation for lauching my first standalone business on the web, but now have to face the looming shadow ive tried to ignore so far, the tax in finland is extremely high, and anything that hist more than 30 000 a year gets taxed from 36% all the way up to 55%

Take the boat and move your tax residence to Estonia.

That's what I did.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

You are the CEO who draws a pay of $30k.

Your mom is the secretary who draws a pay of $29k.

I am not even an accountant, but if that bothers you, basic business logic can help.

You don’t need a complicated solution until you have the profits to worry about.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.