• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Left $180,000 “career” to pursue dream

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Hayden Aquilon, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Hayden Aquilon

Hayden Aquilon New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $68
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Hayden and I use to be a senior sales exec with indeed.com for about 3 years. After several past attempts at starting my own biz, I finally took a deep breathe and really thought about the direction I wanted to go in. Nothing was working and I was f@#king frustrated.

So I put my head down crushed it at indeed, paid off ALL my debt and saved up $60,000. With my wife still working a great job and being fully covered by health care, etc, we knew we were well prepared to succeed this time around.

We are now In month 6 of owning our own coffee biz and we have been turning a profit since day 2 (although small). Last month we netted just under $2,000.

MJ makes a great point (in addition to many) that you need to be financially aware before you start something of your own. If you get trapped with huge mortgage, car payments, and family and you need to cover a huge monthly nut, forget it...you’ll probably fail.

In fact, this is one of the many reasons why our last business failed. I’m a true believer that you also need to roll in profits by reinvesting in marketing and advertising.

MJ, I’ve read both your books - they are awesome and entertaining. I’ll never forget reading the intro of unscripted one morning in a coffee shop and seeing the grim look of all the drones going into the office and internalizing that feeling. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud (while simultaneously cry inside) haha.

Cheers to everyone’s success out there!!!

-Hayden Aquilon

2. Yzn

Yzn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Congratulations on your progress. I hope you continue to profit from your business for more years to come.

Golden quote.

3. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,711
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your success. Profit from day 2 is no small accomplishment.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  4. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,205
    Congrats.

Why coffee?

5. Romans Ivanovs

Romans Ivanovs New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $39
    Hey Hayden, congrats on taking off! Yes, why did you decide to do coffee?

6. Pville02

Pville02 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Congrats, must be a great feeling. Im curious, is it a drive thru coffee biz or a traditional coffee walk in shop?