The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launching SMMarketing into Overdrive? (I'm new to it.)

Marketing, social media, advertising

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Hey, hope you're having a wonderful day!

From @Lex DeVille 's thread about making $2k in a month in mid December, a big mindset shift on task priorization happened. I finally took meaningful action, learning new skills and connect them with existing skills to create a working system. Furthermore, I am officially an author now.

Now I am done with the setup of funneling and selling, yet certain tasks require attention, specifically Social Media Marketing. While I understand the importance of focusing on one platform first, my desire to start on every platform and create content codependently to advertise the service to get the broadest reach, while setting up systems and orders that are easily repeatable and improvable.
Once the system is set in place, it is easier and faster to create content.

Plan One:

My initial plan was starting with a 8-minute Youtube-video talking about a solution to a problem, which someone requiring my service would have, and extracting shorts, questions and statements from it, reducing the amount of work required to post on each platform. Each posted short / bit of information will appear once across every platform to avoid repetitive content.

Thinking about the amount of work a 8-minute video needs (2-5h thumbnail creation, 1-3h writing the script, 40-90min recording, 2-4h editing = 5h40min - 13h30min per video) for a potential topic being valueable to the target audience, this seems too slow.

Plan Two:

A better approach to me seems short-form content, being 30s-60s shorts on Instagram / TikTok / FB / LinkedIn, each with its own way of conveying information, basically being able to pump out 30-50 shorts / day (theoretically of course), getting direct information on what is needed to be talked about, leading to long-form content on Youtube about topics of actual questions.

From that, I can create posts / questions on X, Instagram, FB.

But..

As with writing the book, it gives me a way to increase reputation and recognition, it is not a direct way of reaching customers and offering them my service. No matter how good the website is set up and the copyright is, if the target audience does not know who I am, a connection cannot be made.

For an unspecified reason, I have 30 days to learn THE skills that are most important in my situation, leaving out distractional tasks that are not necessary.

Publishing the book made me understand more that work volume is rarely a factor for success, but rather understanding priority, proper planning and utilizing ressources in the right areas.

Questions (of course, so far assessable):

-Is the approach and thought-process for Social Media Marketing possible and plausable?
-If so, which Plan sounds more promising?
-Being in my position and with 30 days left, which skills would you acquire?
-Should everything be focused on Social Media Marketing from now on?
-What better-working alternatives are there for my situation?
~Am I missing an important piece?
+Should I copy / paste the functionalities of the website and switch over to an easier niche?

While the answer of the last question is easy to answer, especially with having everything up and running (and a book), it is still a genuine consideration.
Honest opinions, answers and statements are highly desired!

Thanks for your time, and have a great weekend!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.