The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Jet Ski Rental Companies

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Cvince

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 2, 2019
Toronto
I recently spent some time in the Caribbeans and I met a guy who runs a Jetski Rental Company. He told me he was netting 200k/year from just one location and 3 employees. Now, the thought of owning a Jetski Company sounded good to me.

I was just wondering if any of you fastlaners have experience/knowledge in this industry? If so what are your thoughts on getting into it?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I have relatives that go fishing in mexico all the time and they say its difficult or impossible to rent a boat sometimes , not sure if its liability in those locations or no ones taken it upon themselves to fill the need.

My experience in this industry is that jet ski's are tight and if I was at a body of water and someone wanted to rade my money for the opportunity to use one I would never turn the opportunity down.

Doesn't seem very hands off though , where do you live? , I feel like you could use some social engineering and use honest curiosity to your advantage and get a pretty decent grip on the business model just with legwork. Prices are available online, inventory costs aren't hidden.

check this out <- I bet you could message some of the owners on this site and just ask and theyd spill the beans no problem.

Did you ask your friend what troubles he had if any with his business? maybe you could take that angle as well, sell shovels , like maybe no one in the Caribbean can quickly repairs and you could get a boat and a mechanic and travel the Caribbean during peak tourist season fixing the things, maybe they have trouble up selling the tourists to rent them etc

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
I recently spent some time in the Caribbeans and I met a guy who runs a Jetski Rental Company. He told me he was netting 200k/year from just one location and 3 employees. Now, the thought of owning a Jetski Company sounded good to me.

I was just wondering if any of you fastlaners have experience/knowledge in this industry? If so what are your thoughts on getting into it?
What’s up brother,

I am a big time traveler and this has always been something I thought about. Maybe not jet skis per say but a touring type business. What areas were you considering?

Where you from?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
you need a captive audience, to be better than or the only competition, and a good ops person to run it

canoe rental, boat rental, hell scooter rental ....... all the same

look for one to buy. lot of people retiring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom