The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is udemy legit?

TimothyJS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 24, 2017
Cambridge
Udemy has a ton of good courses (and plenty bad also!). Just read the reviews to see if it's something for you.

They frequently run promotions so I'd wait until you can get the courses for no more than £15/$15.

mairaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 8, 2020
Pakistan
Udemy has a ton of good courses (and plenty bad also!). Just read the reviews to see if it's something for you.

They frequently run promotions so I'd wait until you can get the courses for no more than £15/$15.

How can they afford dropping the prices that much? I mean from 200$ to 15$

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
How can they afford dropping the prices that much? I mean from 200$ to 15$

Their courses are never $200. It's a marketing tactic promoting fear of loss to make you buy it for $15 thinking it'll soon be $200 again. ''I gotta get this now to save $185!" They've had a sale on whenever I've been on the site taking courses.

As for the courses, yes they are good but of course it depends on what you want. Just make sure you apply things in practice because passive learning isn't the best at sticking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Their courses are never $200. It's a marketing tactic promoting fear of loss to make you buy it for $15 thinking it'll soon be $200 again. ''I gotta get this now to save $185!" They've had a sale on whenever I've been on the site taking courses.

As for the courses, yes they are good but of course it depends on what you want. Just make sure you apply things in practice because passive learning isn't the best at sticking.
Exactly, which to be honest makes me often feel like Udemy uses bro-marketing constantly.
It's funny how once a week periodically I see the courses "discounted" at $11.99 "3 days left!".

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Don't tell him that!

I was about to sell him a course for $99!

But in all seriousness OP yes you will get some good courses.

What knowledge do you have?

Maybe you can teach a course?

Alaxos

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
México
It is very good, I have bought more than ten courses, all meet and exceed my expectations. Sure, you also have to read the comments and ratings. Even as an instructor they help you a lot with several free courses to structure them. 9/10 as an online courses page, has helped me a lot, although there are never missing super incomplete courses, that's why 9/10.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
Yep, Udemy is legit. I've taken probably 10+ courses there.

Of course, the exact value you get depends on the exact course and instructor. Some instructors offer 50+ hour courses, other just a short 1-hour intro course. Length doesn't always matter, though. Just saying it can be hard to make an apple-to-apples comparison.

Here are the three questions I always ask myself to decide if a course is "worth it" on Udemy:
  1. What will I do once I take this course (i.e., how will I act upon the course's teachings)?
  2. Does the course content align with my current needs?
  3. How likely will the course fulfill its promises (e.g., reviews, # of students, instructor reputation, etc.)
The most expensive courses on Udemy are ~30 dollars. And I've made thousands of dollars after taking some of the courses. So if you pick the right courses, it's worth it.

…and if it's not worth it, claiming your 30-day refund is super easy.

Alferez

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 27, 2018
I'm using Udemy for learning WEB development and for me it is a really good way to learn.

Investing only 10-20 $ is nothing if you consider what you get in exchange. In general, investing in learning is convinient for accelerating everything.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I was thinking about taking a course from udemy and i wanted to ask if its worth it ?
That depends on what you mean by "worth it?"

If "worth it" means "oh shit I have to learn how to [blank] in order to take the next step in the critical path of launching my business!" - then Udemy is the best thing I've found in those cases.

If "worth it" to you means being able to tell an employer "I have a digital marketing certificate from Udemy" - then no its NOT worth it.

If "worth it" means learning just for the sake of learning - then Zcott is right - make sure you apply what you're learning since something like 75% of what you learn passively won't be retained.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.