The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is photograping Fastlane?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Hello, fellas. I have a question, which was in my mind for a long time and I’m curious about it. Is photographing Fastlane? I mean street photography and shit. I wanna invest my money on a Sony A6000, but I’m curious if I’ll make profit or not. I have some opportunities, for the summer. Which can make me a lot of money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Desolation Row

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2022
Austria
Hello, fellas. I have a question, which was in my mind for a long time and I’m curious about it. Is photographing Fastlane? I mean street photography and shit. I wanna invest my money on a Sony A6000, but I’m curious if I’ll make profit or not. I have some opportunities, for the summer. Which can make me a lot of money.
Hello, I think you're asking the "wrong" question. In my opinion, a better question would be: "How can I make photographing a Fastlane business."

Think Stock Photography, Photo Courses, Camera Boxes for weddings, ...

I would advise against buying a new camera, cause it's not an investment, it's spending.
Maybe you could start getting some Assignments first, and based on the requirements rent the gear you need (And just add the cost for the rent to your invoice.) That's how I did it when I photographed architecture commercially.

Do you have a camera right now?

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
All depends what you do with it. What is this opportunity ? If you have something lined up and requires reason for a high-end camera by all means make the calculated risk to pursue that.

There are definitely 'gigs' you can get good at being a photographer (You can be a model / wedding / event / landscape photographer etc.) - but I wouldn't consider majority of these fastlane.

Everyone and their mother now has a phone attached to their camera so we are all 'photographers' in the making. Question is what are you planning on doing with it?

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Hello, I think you're asking the "wrong" question. In my opinion, a better question would be: "How can I make photographing a Fastlane business."

Think Stock Photography, Photo Courses, Camera Boxes for weddings, ...

I would advise against buying a new camera, cause it's not an investment, it's spending.
Maybe you could start getting some Assignments first, and based on the requirements rent the gear you need (And just add the cost for the rent to your invoice.) That's how I did it when I photographed architecture commercially.

Do you have a camera right now?
I have a Sony A6000 just bought it recently used for around 400 dollars used

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
All depends what you do with it. What is this opportunity ? If you have something lined up and requires reason for a high-end camera by all means make the calculated risk to pursue that.

There are definitely 'gigs' you can get good at being a photographer (You can be a model / wedding / event / landscape photographer etc.) - but I wouldn't consider majority of these fastlane.

Everyone and their mother now has a phone attached to their camera so we are all 'photographers' in the making. Question is what are you planning on doing with it?
I wanna get into landscape photography but Idk how I can make money from it

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I think that the problem with photography will be the "E" in the CENTS framework. The barriers to entry to photography are incredibly low.
It used to be the case that if you did stock photography, you could expect to make about 1 dollar per year on average from each picture in your portfolio. Of course some pictures sell more than others and most don't sell, but that used to be the average.
So you would likely need to get yourself into a niche so that you could improve your pricing power. It's not clear to me that even then you would have a business system (money tree) because you would be trading your time for money albeit at a good rate.
To make it fastlane, you would probably have to do something like write books of your pictures, or make "how to" video courses and sell them online or something like that. Or create products eg. calendars of your images or framed prints.

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
I think that the problem with photography will be the "E" in the CENTS framework. The barriers to entry to photography are incredibly low.
It used to be the case that if you did stock photography, you could expect to make about 1 dollar per year on average from each picture in your portfolio. Of course some pictures sell more than others and most don't sell, but that used to be the average.
So you would likely need to get yourself into a niche so that you could improve your pricing power. It's not clear to me that even then you would have a business system (money tree) because you would be trading your time for money albeit at a good rate.
To make it fastlane, you would probably have to do something like write books of your pictures, or make "how to" video courses and sell them online or something like that. Or create products eg. calendars of your images or framed prints.
Yeah I thinked about that a lot but I can use the device for let’s say an advertising video for a product that can help me make more money

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Also scale if you are taking the pictures yourself.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
It is my impression that you would (at least initially) need to do several things with photography. Some ideas that fulfill/violate CENTS at different levels:

1. Venues - weddings/engagements, high school/college senior photos, maternity shoots, professional headshots
2. Stock photos
3. Prints
4. Use your photos to make other merch - mugs, calendars, shirts, postcards/greeting cards
5. Perhaps even a book (does your area have a lot of natural treasures that aren't in some sort of guide book? Could you plan a scenic roadtrip then turn it into a guide book?)

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
It is my impression that you would (at least initially) need to do several things with photography. Some ideas that fulfill/violate CENTS at different levels:

1. Venues - weddings/engagements, high school/college senior photos, maternity shoots, professional headshots
2. Stock photos
3. Prints
4. Use your photos to make other merch - mugs, calendars, shirts, postcards/greeting cards
5. Perhaps even a book (does your area have a lot of natural treasures that aren't in some sort of guide book? Could you plan a scenic roadtrip then turn it into a guide book?)
Interesting tho we don’t have a lotta natural treasures around I can do the rest

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.