The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Is earning $1000 a day a realistic goal for business owners?

dimitrios10

PARKED
May 31, 2018
Is $1000 a day a realistic goal for those who start or have their own business? I know it would take a long time and lots of hard work, but is it a realistic goal?
Has anyone on here made that much?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Del

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 22, 2018
London, UK
There are people making more than that every second. Always depends on the equation you have created for your business system. Yes $1000/day is realistic. Just remember to attract the cat with a can of tuna, don't run around chasing it between cars, you will never catch it.

Stargazer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
Yes but it is a stupid goal.

Dan

Reactions: Kak

Kak

Incubator Enrollment is Open for October
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

Stargazer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
Good Afternoon Liam.

Yes. Nothing wrong with chasing money but most people don't start a business saying I want to earn $1000 a day.

Dan

Nolan Harper

New Contributor
May 31, 2018
Is $1000 a day a realistic goal for those who start or have their own business? I know it would take a long time and lots of hard work, but is it a realistic goal?
Has anyone on here made that much?
I have found after a LOT of trial and error (more error than I care to admit)... that setting your goals lower will allow you to test your business to see if it is a viable business. I stopped aiming for $1000/day and started with $10/day.

If you begin to consistently make $10/day, it means you might be on to something, so scale accordingly! You will be shocked by how quickly $10/day becomes $100/day, and then $1000/day. While I've only experienced it once and for a short bit, I can tell you it is possible, it is realistic, and more importantly, you can do it.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

D

Deleted52409

Lately I've been helping a contractor with floor installation. And yeah.... in the summer months this guy has had a $1,000 day at least once a week; And all we're doing is installing floors. It's hard work but any idiot can master this stuff if he shows up to work on time and does as instructed.

BookwormMitch

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2014
I think it’s actually really good to do maths like that. Even mj talks about it with his money system. Work out how much you want to make and then work backwards on how you can get there. You might be surprised what business ideas sound good but aren’t and some which sound bad are good. But once you’ve done a quick plan like that get to work, because it’s not going to go to plan. And as the poster above and the millionaire fast lane says, make that income seperate of your time, it doesn’t have to be at the start, but there needs to be room and potential for that otherwise you have a job and you can’t scale.

mitchdobney

New Contributor
May 7, 2018
Have you read the book?

Money is what you make it. $1000 a day is a small figure to some entrepreneurs.

MakeItHappen

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2012
If you can provide $10,000+ worth of value per day than YES and likly much more than $1,000.

Veloman

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
I took in 730 in one day of mowing lawns last year. It was a 10hr day, but definitely doable. That was by myself, my own labor. If I had 2 crews of 2 workers, I think netting 1000 a day is realistic. I ended up selling the business before hiring anyone though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom