The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inventing in my sleep to save my parents lives

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
Well, I figure it's time to intro myself, seeing as how I've started inventing in my sleep. Last night, I dreamed that I was looking around at products in my childhood home trying to see how I could incrementally improve upon them.

Why?

My parents, 70 years old next year, haven't been able to enjoy retirement yet.

My dad was forced into retirement due to a painful and debilitating disease. I had to watch him sell his jet ski because he was suddenly handicapped by this disease; he gave up his favorite hobby of soccer referreeing for the same reason the same year.

My mom, on the other hand, is still working full time.

They are slow laners, and they work so hard. Thinking about their mortality and the lack of time they have left really gets me down.

I want to give them the gift of capital to fund FUN in retirement for my dad and to get my mom to agree to finally retire.

FYI, my dad has found other hobbies that don't require the fine motor skills his old hobbies did, so he's starting to enjoy his forced retirement. But now, I want to give him LUXURIOUS EXPERIENCES. As an old surfer, he'd be "stoked" to spend a week on beach front property where he can get up, SUP, metal detect, swim, eat fish, etc. I can already imagine him spamming his friends Facebook feeds with braggadocios photos.

Likewise, my other why is that I want to give my siblings more experiences. They are all slowlaners. And I'm one of the youngest in a large family of 8 kids.

I'd love to pave the way. Set an example, and if I can't get them interested in Fastlaning it, maybe I can get their kids interested before it's too late.

The oldest among those kids just finished her first week of college. One of my personal goals is, if she's interested, to get her to license a product during college to help pay for college.

I have other whys. But this one is the most urgent: my parents get closer to death's door and my siblings grow older.

If you are interested, pop over to the progress thread to follow my journey. I'm starting today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...