The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Please Leave the Politics to CNN and FOX.
    Just a reminder that political topics/memes are prohibited, unless discussed within the realm of business and investment, for example, the impact the new Treasury Secretary might have with BTC. Please help keep the forum free of politics. (And I promise to do better myself!)
  • Join 60,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

International trademark better?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
So my upcoming business will mainly be online, and I read threads about how important it is to trademark the brand name.
I did a search and to be relief it is available (already purchased the domain)
So seeing that I aim to do the business worldwide, I should trademark the name internationally?
Which site is the best for this? Do different sites charge you different fees?

Also, is it advisable to trademark the logo along with it?
Thanks fellow ecommerce entrepreneurs! :D

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
So my upcoming business will mainly be online, and I read threads about how important it is to trademark the brand name.
I did a search and to be relief it is available (already purchased the domain)
So seeing that I aim to do the business worldwide, I should trademark the name internationally?
Which site is the best for this? Do different sites charge you different fees?

Also, is it advisable to trademark the logo along with it?
Thanks fellow ecommerce entrepreneurs! :D
There is not a "website" in order to do it like a commercial transaction.

The ideal situation is that you file for trademark in all the countries that you will conduct business or you want to protect your brand.

A simple way to do it is to trademark in the USA (USPTO) and then, after you have the filing number you can trademark under the Madrid Protocol, that will automatically file in 128 countries. The protection varies according to each country and the time frame on the trademark also does, but at least you file in all at the same time under that convention.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks Lucky :)
128 countries.. any idea how much this would cost, ballpark?

I consulted an online attorney and he recommended wipo. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks a million.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Thanks Lucky :)
128 countries.. any idea how much this would cost, ballpark?

I consulted an online attorney and he recommended wipo. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks a million.
I don´t know them.

The actual cost for USPTO is 225/270 or 400, depending on the particular situation on the trademark or product/service. Usually people go for the cheapest one and see what happens.

Madrid protocol is a bit tricky because the fees are in Swiss Francs, but the conversion usually is under 200 dollars.

That without using lawyers or websites or companies.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
Ic. Sounds good. Thanks a lot! :)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom