The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm wasting time.

D

DeletedUser0287

If you have seen my previous posts, my business is at a halt because I lack money. Any action I take requires money to be honest.

I have been applying to jobs non-stop and didn't realize how hard it was to actually get a slowlane job...only one interview. Then got rejected.

Freelance? I have developed skills by running my business and...so applied to numerous jobs on Upwork with them. Not a single response back. I even put in half rate to build up portfolio. We are talking close to minimum wage or half their budget. Still nothing. I only speak in providing value to them.

No slowlane job and no freelance gigs. No cash to run business. I am literally just accumulating knowledge online although unable to execute.

Too many product ideas for my business, but they require money for them to actually get off the ground.

Been 3 months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
Do you have a vehicle?

I quit my job at one point to start a business(it wasn't fastlane and flopped miserably) and I ironed out any financial kinks I had through driving for food delivery apps to earn extra money on the side. I didn't need a job for 2 months as a result.

D

DeletedUser0287

Do you have a vehicle?

I quit my job at one point to start a business(it wasn't fastlane and flopped miserably) and I ironed out any financial kinks I had through driving for food delivery apps to earn extra money on the side. I didn't need a job for 2 months as a result.

I heard the rates are awful for that if you consider gas and everything. What companies did you use? Uber eats?

Thread got hit in the landfill so I guess not many people are gonna see this thread.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread got hit in the landfill so I guess not many people are gonna see this thread.

It was landfilled because you've posted MULTIPLE threads like this complaining about this and that.

If this was your first post bemoaning your challenges, it would have remained outside. But this isn't your first rodeo using the forum to complain about your lack of progress and the excuses accompanying them.

We're here to help, but we're not your weekly therapist.

Hang in there as you're building skills which at some point can accumulate into something better.

D

DeletedUser0287

It was landfilled because you've posted MULTIPLE threads like this complaining about this and that.

If this was your first post bemoaning your challenges, it would have remained outside. But this isn't your first rodeo using the forum to complain about your lack of progress and the excuses accompanying them.

We're here to help, but we're not your weekly therapist.

Hang in there as you're building skills which at some point can accumulate into something better.

Understandable. Thanks for the slight motivation

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
I heard the rates are awful for that if you consider gas and everything. What companies did you use? Uber eats?

They can be, just like with any market you have to look at need and whether it's saturated or not. Depending on where you're at and what time it is, it can be profitable. I recently moved to Southern California and since the food delivery market is saturated here there have been less opportunities with lower pay. When I was in Oregon for example it was just starting there, so it made more sense as a way to earn money than a 9-5. Also, timeframes matter, during some times there are more delivery options and they pay more. I use DoorDash. At the end of the day you have to think of it this way, is it better to complain about a lack of opportunities and turn things down when you're earning $0, or are you willing to do something for the time being that's not necessarily the best paying, so that you can keep yourself above water while you work on your skillset and find a way to add value to the marketplace? In TMF @MJ DeMarco talked about how he washed dishes, had a construction job, and various other menial jobs that he obviously didn't enjoy, because his dream fired him up. And now he owns this forum, has written two successful books, and lives an unscripted life.

D

DeletedUser0287

They can be, just like with any market you have to look at need and whether it's saturated or not. Depending on where you're at and what time it is, it can be profitable. I recently moved to Southern California and since the food delivery market is saturated here there have been less opportunities with lower pay. When I was in Oregon for example it was just starting there, so it made more sense as a way to earn money than a 9-5. Also, timeframes matter, during some times there are more delivery options and they pay more. I use DoorDash. At the end of the day you have to think of it this way, is it better to complain about a lack of opportunities and turn things down when you're earning $0, or are you willing to do something for the time being that's not necessarily the best paying, so that you can keep yourself above water while you work on your skillset and find a way to add value to the marketplace? In TMF @MJ DeMarco talked about how he washed dishes, had a construction job, and various other menial jobs that he obviously didn't enjoy, because his dream fired him up. And now he owns this forum, has written two successful books, and lives an unscripted life.

It is just so insulting working for such a low wage. When I know I am so much more than that.

Like in the OP, I actually did lower my self to a lower wage and still nobody bit. Should have never left my original slowlane job.

If I don’t hear back I will have to take up Uber Eats and put my head down. The double hit of these delivery apps are car mileage accumulation and gas expenses.

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
It is just so insulting working for such a low wage. When I know I am so much more than that.

Like in the OP, I actually did lower my self to a lower wage and still nobody bit. Should have never left my original slowlane job.

If I don’t hear back I will have to take up Uber Eats and put my head down. The double hit of these delivery apps are car mileage accumulation and gas expenses.
I know what you mean from personal experience, what's your dream and the value you want to create in order to get what you want from life worth? It's true, some jobs are pretty shitty and cleaning toilets or washing dishes doesn't take high intellect or any special skills, sometimes that's what following our passion in life takes for a while, until we can find and do better. Something is better than nothing, if it means you're moving forward instead of parked.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.