The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm translating Unscripted to Spanish

Idea threads

davids17fastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2024
I started doing it because my wife is not very prroficient at English as I am. So I started translating it to her reading it out loud in Spanish, however I started translating it in a Google Docs document, I'm located in South America, hence I translate it withouth using Spain's words or dialect, but instead more American sounding words, meanings and sayings translated to Spanish. I know this is not a business where I have *control* over the product since it is MJ's ideation, with your permission I could work on translating the whole book @MJ DeMarco , if not, that's okay, I will still translate it anyway for my wife and will not distribute it or commercialize it in any form.

Here is a sample of the chapter I am translating currently which is the 38 and 39, let me know if you like the work, MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Unscripted - Sin Guiones.pdf
    116.9 KB · Views: 8

davids17fastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2024
I started doing it because my wife is not very prroficient at English as I am. So I started translating it to her reading it out loud in Spanish, however I started translating it in a Google Docs document, I'm located in South America, hence I translate it withouth using Spain's words or dialect, but instead more American sounding words, meanings and sayings translated to Spanish. I know this is not a business where I have *control* over the product since it is MJ's ideation, with your permission I could work on translating the whole book @MJ DeMarco , if not, that's okay, I will still translate it anyway for my wife and will not distribute it or commercialize it in any form.

Here is a sample of the chapter I am translating currently which is the 38 and 39, let me know if you like the work, MJ.
There is still a lot of errors, and the lack of decision on calling somebody formally (usted) or non-formally (tu)

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
There is still a lot of errors, and the lack of decision on calling somebody formally (usted) or non-formally (tu)

I'm pretty sure you can just buy a Spanish version. Translating a few terms is easier than an entire book and I'm sure there are pro translating services that will do it better.

davids17fastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 27, 2024
I'm pretty sure you can just buy a Spanish version. Translating a few terms is easier than an entire book and I'm sure there are pro translating services that will do it better.
1. There is no Spanish version of Unscripted
2. I, and some other handful of people in Central, South-America dislike Spain-translated books or books that translate for the sake of translating it and lose the meaning
3. I just want to know if MJ would like to push a Spanish version into the marketmind and see how it goes, my opinion or yours is worthless

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
1. There is no Spanish version of Unscripted
2. I, and some other handful of people in Central, South-America dislike Spain-translated books or books that translate for the sake of translating it and lose the meaning
3. I just want to know if MJ would like to push a Spanish version into the marketmind and see how it goes, my opinion or yours is worthless

Cool, my apologies I didn't realise it had not already been translated. I recall a while back MJ said he had some trouble with some Asian (I think Korean) translator service.

Buenos suerte!

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Ignore me, I was looking at the wrong book. :)

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.