The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Idea/concept for a current company (not yours)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

struka

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 22, 2018
TN
If I have an idea that would better a process or system at a company that does not belong to me, let's say Lyft, what should I do? I think it would benefit them a lot but obviously I don't want to build a Lyft just to change the process/system to compete against Lyft or Uber?

Do those ideas just die in your head or do you try to contact someone at that company to provide your idea? Has anyone done this successfully?

My idea is not a physical product but service/process/system.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
I guess its possible that you've stumbled onto a brand new concept, but it stands to reason that someone at Uber (12,000 employees) or Lyft (1600 employees) have already considered it and couldn't make it work!

Long story short, I don't like your chances of getting them to take your idea seriously / pay you anything for it!

OP
OP
struka

struka

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 22, 2018
TN
I guess its possible that you've stumbled onto a brand new concept, but it stands to reason that someone at Uber (12,000 employees) or Lyft (1600 employees) have already considered it and couldn't make it work!

Long story short, I don't like your chances of getting them to take your idea seriously / pay you anything for it!
Thanks for your input and I guess you're right

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom