The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Howdy, fellow forum members!

MrOutside

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 30, 2017
US/Central
Greetings all. I have recently finished The Millionaire Fastlane . I learned about the book via this forum. It is a very good book, I would put it up there with Peter Thiel’s Zero to One which I also love.

Currently I’m working in technical fields with manufacturing companies. This includes the regular IT stuff you might expect with some industrial specific things like PLC programming for industrial controls. Work is fine and I have a certain degree of freedom but it’s all “hours for dollars” stuff. Zero leverage. Also, not portable work.

I’ve done some web application work with Rails. Some electronics projects, including a bit of micro-controller programming. Don’t think I would hire myself for those skills because I take too long, but if I needed some type of MVP it should be doable.

Copywriting is an important skill that I do not have, and will need at some point. Reading some of the copywriting posts in the forum has inspired me to do more research and practice that.

I would like a change but haven’t ever really done a job search. People with problems find me, I fix their problems and they continue to pay me to fix other problems. I’ve just been rolling down a path of least resistance for like 20 years. I have almost no documented education so I missed out on the whole “learn to do a job search” thing. Money is ok but I feel I have no control (and I’m right).

So it’s time to go out of my comfort zone and develop new skills. A true Fastlane business is the main goal but will have to do some hard thinking to figure that out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome! Glad you liked TMF as much as Mr. Thiels!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...